Ukraine flight cancellations

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Financial Times article.. has a few example flight paths around Russian airspace halfway through…

How Russia’s airline industry was pushed to the brink in a week

Sanctions from the EU and US present serious problems for a sector recovering from the pandemic

ASK1945
    Participant

Tom

Thank you for your two posts tonight.

However, like (I guess) a great many of us on this Forum, they are behind a pay-wall that I cannot access.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, I’m sorry about that.

I know a few have subscriptions to the FT, Washington Post, New York Times, Times, Telegraph, Bloomberg, The Economist Etc… but if you don’t, you will miss out on some of these links.

As a journalist I have a love hate relationship with paywalls, but journalists need to get paid one way or another, so a fair few links on the forum are for subscription services.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Interesting, Tom. It would have been interesting to show flights to Tokyo, for instance. From CDG, it is an additional 2 hours flight (from 11ish to 13ish hours).

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=1205591]Interesting, Tom. It would have been interesting to show flights to Tokyo, for instance. From CDG, it is an additional 2 hours flight (from 11ish to 13ish hours).[/quote]

You must have missed the piece I posted on Friday.

It shows the routings now being adopted by AF, KLM and JL.

The first para links to AF and its Tokyo route.

KLM joins Air France in serving Northeast Asia via Kazakhstan

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=1205608]

Alex,

I based my comment on Flightradar timings. So it was purely factual.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls