UK TV abroad

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

• jungerns
    Participant

No its not free. Premiership matches are not shown on terresrtrial channels only via packages from True Move etc

no7agency
    Participant

The only way to get proper UK TV is by using a SKY BOX or a FREESAT box that is connected to the internet using Slingbox technology, Slingbox is an Amercican Company with thousands of employees around the Globe.

http://www.mrskytv.com/watch_sky_freesat_british_tv_in_dubai.html

SKY BELEIVE IN BETTER.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve tried LivoOnTV and it’s fine if you want to watch a BBC/ITV etc but to get those I have a subscription to Tunnel Bear which is a VPN and then use the various iPlayers from the major channels.

The problem with slingbox is you need to subscribe to SKY in the UK, then you can get all the channels your package allows. This is fine if you have family or friends who are willing to host SKY for you, but useless if you don’t. I’ll check it out but I think with Sky GO and a VPN you can get to watch the sports channels on your tablet.

For me the most important sports are the big Golf, Cricket and Rugby matches, and I can watch these worldwide using my subscription to DSTV in South Africa and the app that allows this. DSTV covers all the major tournaments and is actually better (and cheaper) in this regard than SKY.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Using the VPN i could see SKY on my tablet but could not stream it to my TV. The message came up it was prohibited for copyright reasons!!!

Johnhighlander
    Participant

I have been using Filmon.com for the past 6+ months and always found it reliable although I have mostly used it for the regular terrestrial channels in the UK. I have seen no billing to apparently FOC except every so often you have an advert. But works well even in Moscow when I was there.

stevescoots
    Participant

I use my Sky while travelling. Just fire up th VPN, spoof it as I am in UK and it works. Only places where its an issue is where internet access is restricted such as China. After connecting the VPN the speed is too slow to watch streaming and takes an age to buffer

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls