UK to US Entry (had Covid within last 90 days)

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• milehighrob
    Participant

Any recent UK to US travelers who had Covid within last 90 days? What’s acceptable to get in the country? No one here in the UK seem to know what a Document of Recovery is.

FormerBA
    Participant

I am currently isolating (day 8) having had a positive PCR test. None of the LFT tests taken have been positive.
    All travel passes in the NHS app have been removed. Under domestic use there is now a message that the records will be restored after the isolation period ends.
    My understanding is that when they do not only will I have details of my 3 vaccinations but also a recovery certificate under covid pass on the NHS app.

If you follow the instructions on .gov you get this page… good luck

When you can get a digital NHS COVID Pass for travel abroad
    To get a digital NHS COVID Pass for travel you need one of the following.

To be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine used in the UK
    The NHS COVID Pass is usually available within 24 hours of having your vaccination, but it can take up to 5 days for your records to be updated.

A positive NHS PCR test within the past 6 months (not available in the Isle of Man)
    The NHS COVID Pass is available after you’ve finished self-isolating and up to 180 days after taking the test. This applies to NHS tests sent by post, or done at walk-in sites, drive-through sites or hospitals.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Gold-2K
    Participant

I’m also on day 8 after returning from US to UK with a positive PCR test 1 day later. 4 lateral flow tests over the last 8 days have been negative. I know they are not as accurate as PCR but seems like they are a total waste of time. Anyone taking a test in US before flying to UK, go for the Lateral Flow / Antigen test option if you want to be sure of getting on the flight 🤷🏻‍♂️

_glbetrkkr_
    Participant

To enter US, you’ll need your positive results (from the last 90 days) and a letter from a health official stating you’ve cleared isolation. May just be easier to show antigen test though (assuming it’s negative).

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I think to enter the US, a supervised antigen (LFT) is acceptable. The main difference this month versus last is you have to take it the day before travel.

RomP
    Participant

I travelled out on the 8/11 the first day USA opened it boarders to UK & European citizens.

– show your original positive covid test result within a 90 day time Frame.
    – I ended paying a private only GP to issue a fit to fly and health verification certificate, about £150 all in.

These were presented at check-in and approved by the airline (AA) for travel. Im also double vaccinated. Keep/take paper copies of all.

US Customs checked my passport and waived me through, the best entry to the USA I have had since 9-11!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls