UK Passport Agency

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I was just thinking the same thing Martyn. Indeed, apply for a second passport and this has been well documented in other threads on this forum. If possible make sure there’s a couple of years between them so you’re not having to renew both at the same time. Problem solved I think and as Martyn says, much cheaper with less hassle.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I just renewed my outdated second passport solely down to this thread. The horror stories of getting a replacement passport when overseas….. will probably not travel with both but keep in the safe so if I did lose a passport whilst away… the spare can be couriered….

IanFromHKG
    Participant

First of all – I thought it was necessary to have some demonstrable business need for a second passport – which I suppose I could establish, but that wouldn’t work for Memsahib or Offspring. And Junior Offspring is on a child passport (being under 18). I suspect that might be problematic too. Any in any case it is still a significant additional expense…

(sigh)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

With the children at boarding school in the UK and the family travelling in Asia, where there is a need for Visas…… I would ask the passport office.

As far as cost.. surely if this was allowed it would be cheaper the a personal visit application…

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls