UK locator form – nightmare

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=1107214]

Why would anyone want to leave the UK so quickly? 🙂 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

craigwatson
    Participant

[postquote quote=1107214]

That is not a transit. If you are clearing immigration by definition you are not in transit. You are entering the country. Seems very intuitive to me.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

[postquote quote=1107300]

From the relevant section of the gov.uk website:

Passing through a UK airport while on the way to another country is called ‘transiting’. Some travellers call it a ‘layover’.

There are 2 types of transiting:

‘airside’ – you do not pass through UK border control before you leave on your connecting journey
    ‘landside’ – you do pass through UK border control, but come back through it and leave the UK within a short amount of time (usually 24 hours)

FormerBA
    Participant

The form is far from easy and the demand that it is not completed a minute before 48 hours before landing is just stupid. Also if you seat changes for any reason then the rule is that you need a new PLF

The Greek PLF is so much easier to complete and can be edited with ease.

Tramor01
    Participant

I have a question – I don’t know if I’m being stupid or not.

What happens if, for example I decide to fly to a country (e.g. Denmark (amber) or Latvia (green)) tomorrow morning, and then fly back either the same evening or, stay over and fly home the following evening?
    Do I fill in the locator form a day or so before I depart from the UK to fly back to the UK? And, what happens to the fit to fly Covid test which has to be taken 48 hours before I catch the return flight to the UK – Do I take that before I leave the UK to fly overseas?

I potentially have a couple of trips coming up which could be like this.
    I can’t find anything on the Govt site (which doesn’t surprise me)

craigwatson
    Participant

[postquote quote=1108320]

Where you are is irrelevant. You have to do the test within 3 days of flying back to the UK and complete the passenger locator form within 2 days of arriving back in the uk. So if you are going for a same day trip to wherever you would need to do the test here in the uk before you leave and again complete the passenger locator form here in the uk (well you could do both in the country you travel to on day of arrival, but that wouldn’t make sense as it would eat into your time in country) remember you only need to have a lateral flow test done for the return to uk test. So can be done in about 15 minutes.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1108321]You have to do the test within 3 days of flying back to the UK and complete the passenger locator form within 2 days of arriving back in the uk.[/quote]

As far as i know . not quite correct. The form, complete with the reference number supplied by the government approved test company must be filled in before you board your UK bound flight. If you don’t have that reference number you wont be able to travel, even from a green country.

Can only talk about Scotland here, but what i find most annoying about this, is that you arrive back in the UK and do the test yourself and then mail it back to the company , rather than being instructed to report to an official testing site on day 2 . If ever there was a money making exercise with no real purpose then its this.

I predict that might possibly be the PPI of the the future !

1 user thanked author for this post.

craigwatson
    Participant

[postquote quote=1108389]

Ok, now that is just being pedantic. 😉 Ok so change my word – arriving, to boarding. Which is the same thing unless you have WiFi onboard and were planning on doing it in flight.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi craigwatson — What I’m getting at. as far as I can tell is being denied boarding at your departure airport. In my case Malta if I don’t have the reference number on the right form . 7 of us travelling and 7 of us checking with each other what the forms are actually asking for . The language is not clear at all

GivingupBA
    Participant

What the gov.uk site for the passenger locator form actually says is, quote, “You must complete a passenger locator form online before you arrive in the UK … You can submit the form any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in the UK.”

I presume this is so the UK government can read / screen your form before you arrive at the UK border.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Having filled one in for the first time this week, it is about as straightforward and simple a form as you can get, given the amount of info that needs to be submitted.

If you’ve done a little research first it should present no problems.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1108628]

Totally agree with you, just did it myself lots of questions but very simple and easy to fill in. Downloaded to my phone and a hardcopy just in case anyone will be pedantic …..

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls