UK Immigration & Custom Delays

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 346 through 354 (of 354 total)

• RichHI1
    Participant

How empty is theory in the presence of fact….

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

….people believe what they want to believe

RichHI1
    Participant

Especially after 10 pints of beer and 3.5 bottles of wine….

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

If only it was that simple…would explain a lot….

RichHI1
    Participant

I have to say though if I was looking for a nation famed for their abstinence from beer, wine and other alcohol and remnowned for their good behaviour when visiting other countries, it probably would not be the Germans.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Terry/Rich, the volume reference in the chart is to the quantity of pure ethyl alcohol, not the liquid containing it. So for beer, if you assumed a notional 5% ABV content, the 4.93 litres p.a. ascribed to the Brits translates to 98.6 litres of beer, or over 173 pints. That’s on top of the 33+ bottles of wine (at average 14% ABV), the 6 litres of spirits (at average 40%) and two-thirds of a litre of pure alcohol consumed by other means…

Hmmmm

RichHI1
    Participant

Thanks Ian for your insight. I think the chart does show though that by and large the UK and Europe are failry advanced in terms of alcohol consumption. I wonder what the other is for Uganda?

Yes it is Luddite attitudes of staff and complete acquiescence of the management. When will Top management get down to earning their fancy pay? Any worthy Brit is ashamed to be associated with such abuse of power.

Good for you. Thats the sort of consumer response we need to see more of.

Viewing 9 posts - 346 through 354 (of 354 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls