UK Immigration & Custom Delays

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 354 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

DoS – glad you made it through!

With regards to using 2 passports. My post quite clearly referred to

“Using a different passport to enter and leave a country”

…meaning (or should have meant, the same country.

Most countries state that you must arrive and leave using the same passport (especially if you hold nationality of that country).

Dual passport holders have in the past used a different passport to leave a country where they are or may be due for military or reservist service as well as other reasons.

Apologies Terry, if you thought my post was tagging Mrs M. That was not the case or intention.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Martyn..as they say NO POBLEM…correct spelling and of course none taken….always good to hear your most welcome comments..unlike some others….MPR…
    Off the the Big Apple next week on QM2 so Merry Xmas and heres hoping for a Fairytale in NY…

Best wishes

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Terry, we are starting to look at transatlantic crossing options for July 2013. The thing in my mind that spoils cruising is the fact the ship stops at ports and you have to get off. I like the idea of 6 days at sea across the Atlantic, with no stops.

Having a 14 year golf nut son, a cruise is not the best idea of a holiday, hence why we have a home in Florida. In July 2013, son goes on “tour” for 5 weeks, with his school, hence mum and dad can do the Atlantic.

Would love to read a trip report about the Atlantic crossing and the Cunard choices. Have looked at the Cunard website.

Just to make it appropriate for the thread, I trust UKBA will provide a speedy service at Southampton.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Flew in last night (Wednesday) BRU – BHX. Had one of the quickest and most efficient passages through immigration at BHX that I have ever had.

The Border Agency staff seemed pleasanter too. Quite odd, really.

Interestingly, they had a sniffer dog on the Blue Channel (which I’d never seen before at BHX). I wonder whether they were expecting some pax to see them as having a chink in their armour because of the strike….

Simon

RichHI1
    Participant

Have to say if you ignore Cameron’s spin it was irrelevant and the union spin the country ismnow fuller of terrorists than before (I suspect both have equal credibility) it is a nice change to say good job UKBA and BAA. The media can now try and crucify their own. Clarkson has done a sterling job selling his DVD. Problem I suspect is Clarkson has the brains to make fun of extremists, many who buy his DVD may not be so blessed.

kevin46
    Participant

@ MartynSinclair…..I have now cruised with 5 different cruise lines and have never been compelled to disembark at ports of call.

chinaboy8
    Participant

Is it only me or is anyone else tired of MARTYN SINCLAIR? He
    certainly seems to spend an excessive amount of time posting
    comments in this forum.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

Chinaboy8 unlike yourself, Martyn Sinclair is a long standing, highly experienced businessman and business traveller whose candid insights are extremely appreciated and valued.

Please feel free to trot on to flyer talk or other similar forum as readers on this site appreciate Martyn and his posts, long may they continue.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Ishmael well put xxx

Martyn please stay and keep posting lots!!!! :o) xxx

NTarrant
    Participant

Well said Ishmael. Martyn, not done Cunard but have done P&O ex-Southampton and the process is very quick, usually done by P&O staff. As there are no passengers boarding and alighting other than port stops (if you want to) there are no checks back at SOU

RichHI1
    Participant

Chinaboy8 that would seem to be a conclusive yes to question 1 is it just you and no to question 2. Whilst I may not always agree with Martyn, I find his experience very valuable and helpful.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Chinaboy8

Martyn is one of the good guys, don’t know about you, but I’ll keep an open mind for the time being.

HonestCrew
    Participant

“Whilst I may not always agree with Martyn, I find his experience very valuable and helpful.”

Same same from me.

PatJordan
    Participant

Chinaboy8,

must agree with other posters: Martyn’s posts are well informed, interesting and well worth reading.

Good to hear from SimonRowberry: been a while since last posting.

Pat

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

This will be interesting to read, when published.

http://www.res.org.uk/journals/abstracts.asp?ref=0013-0133&vid=0&iid=0&aid=2&doi=10.1111/j.1468-0297.2011.02459.x&supp=0

As far as I can ascertain, the paper will argue that changes in UK policy towards migrants was the main driver of the increase in immigration levels, something I have believed for a long time.

No mention of the ‘S’ word in the abstract.

And I’ve know found the report, have not had time to read it, as yet, but will share early in case others find it interesting.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/corporate/pdf/1997166.pdf

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 354 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls