UK – Ending Quarantine Early to Travel Abroad Again?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

• miningguy
    Participant

Hi All,

I realise the English government rules are changing quite frequently, but based on the rules right now, does anyone know if I were to return to the UK from a business trip on the 1st March (for example), I could fly out on the 6th March on a business related trip? Technically this would break the 10 day quarantine and the requirement to do a test on the 2nd/8th day, but I was wondering if anyone was aware of any legal exceptions in place?

Thx in advance.

woodyhoo
    Participant

Do as the Canadian guy did recently arriving back in Canada.
    Refuse any pcr test and refuse to quarantine ,these restrictions are not lawful and flout the constitution
    Go about your business and refuse to be one of the sheep .

Malachi1
    Participant

That’s fine. You just need to test prior to departure.

NYC has a 14 day quarantine, but you can leave anytime up to the 14th day!

FaroFlyer
    Participant

The quarantine regs are / were that you must quarantine for the first 10 days. If your stay is, for example, 5 days you only need to quarantine for 5 days. However, if quarantine has to be in a budget airport hotel why not just transit, or go direct to the next destination.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1093277]

Published advice is that if you leave UK before the end of 10 days then you have to quarantine for the period you are there.

In practice it likely depends on where you arrive from. If a red list country you will have to pay for a 10 day hotel package, I presume you would then need to agree on arrival that they would return you to the airport for the onward flight. If a non-red list country then just the testing package is needed.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1093284]

Good luck on that. The Government will tell you it is legal under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) (England) (Amendment) (No. 7) Regulations 2021 passed on 12/2/2021 and effective from 4am on 15th.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Woodyhoo’s suggestion could be useful even if SimonS1 is correct. Play your cards correctly and it might be cheaper to spend time for free in jail with free food to boot….

3 users thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1093310]Good luck on that. The Government will tell you it is legal under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) (England) (Amendment) (No. 7) Regulations 2021 passed on 12/2/2021 and effective from 4am on 15th.[/quote]

I was just looking for the relevant regs when you replied, Simon. I was going to point out, also, that “woodhoo” doesn’t even know that the UK does not have a “constitution”.

4 users thanked author for this post.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

[postquote quote=1093284]

Rather a sheep than a dead ass…

8 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=1093314]Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) (England) (Amendment) (No. 7) Regulations 2021[/quote]

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/150/contents/made

1 user thanked author for this post.

miningguy
    Participant

Guys, thanks for the responses. I am returning from a green country, i.e. one that does not require hotel quarantine. My concern is you are now required to have a test on Day 2 and Day 8. Clearly the day 8 test would not be possible…..does anyone know what the protocol is here? (I am really trying to do this legitimately rather then just winging this).

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1093328]

My understanding is you have to pay for the ‘testing package’ as a condition of entry, however if you leave on day 6 then the day 8 test will be void.

MarkCymru
    Participant

Er… we don’t have a constitution (well, not a written one). Anything Parliament votes through and the Queen signs is automatically constitutional

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1093532]Anything Parliament votes through and the Queen signs is automatically constitutional[/quote]

Mark – yes and no!

A constitution usually needs something more than a simple act through a legislature, voted by a simple majority. But, as I believe you know really, any Act of the UK Parliament can be overuled by another simple majority vote in the same or future Parliament.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1093277]

A journey to leave the UK is an acceptable reason to leave quarantine. You have to stay in quarantine while you are in the UK, but if you leave again after 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10 days, that’s fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls