UK election resultsCreate Topic

Home Forums Other Technology UK election results

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  LuganoPirate 2 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Gold-2K
    Participant

I’m excited to be out of uk for much of the run up to 8th June, but will be on a stopover in Sydney at the time the results start coming in. My other half is fascinated by the results and is panicking he won’t be able to watch the BBC live as the results come in.

Anyone have any suggestions how we can access live TV and watch the results come in while in Sydney …… we will be armed with the full range of mobile devices?

Thanks

SimonS1
    Participant

Get a decent vpn and watch on BBC.

Gold-2K
    Participant

And suggestions for a decent VPN?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Though it was mentioned FilmOnTV was no longer working, I’m watching BBC and ITV channels through the app without any problem at all. No VPN needed, just an ad to watch then you can watch the channel.

SimonS1
    Participant

And suggestions for a decent VPN?

I use Tunnel Bear but there are plenty out there.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/internet/best-vpn-services-of-2017-3657732/

batterytraveller
    Participant

The BBC typically have a non-georstricted feed for election coverage from the BBC news website. It won’t work if you go through iPlayer.

stevescoots
    Participant

I use express VPN, its a paid for service and perfect for things such as getting thru the great fire wall

K1ngston
    Participant

I totally agree with stevescoots, living in Asia you will need a VPN to see certain “un censored” content and the best service by far and I have reviewed and probably used them all is Express VPN, there after sales service is second to none too. It works in every jurisdiction including Australia, but will probably agree with batterytraveller that the election programmes should not have any restrictions to view wherever you are…….

stevescoots
    Participant

I had my VPN up and running this weekend just for some items we would class as normal. Taxing a car in UK on-line, GFW blocked it. Needed to use PayPal on something, PayPal does not like China IP address. Checking a flight on KLM to use some points up, constantly send me to a China payment service that needed a Chinese ID card. Fired up the VPN and problem solved. Often i must use it just to access our corporate mail server in the US as it takes so long getting through outlook just times out, and forget trying to download anything from cloud services such as drop box, MS online etc. The VPN is a life saver and without one i really do not know how companies can be efficient or in some cases even do business with the outside world when in China

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I also use Tunnel Bear (paid for) but despite many saying FilmOn is being stopped, I find it very much alive and working. Anyone know anything about this?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.