TWA – The memory will live on forever !

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• iflypremium
    Participant

A whole new generation of TWA fans will be born whilst nostalgia seekers will be able to reminisce !

What a great idea and I love the amenity kits instead of bathroom toiletries !
    twahotel.com

AMcWhirter
    Participant

When Londoners saw TWA they would tend to associate it with Thames Water Authority.

iflypremium
    Participant

[quote quote=890736]When Londoners saw TWA they would tend to associate it with Thames Water Authority.[/quote]

lol..not me ! I have only ever thought of Trans World Airlines !

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=890788]lol..not me ! I have only ever thought of Trans World Airlines ![/quote]

Now just Thames Water. But when state-owned: Thames Water Authority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thames_Water_Authority

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

…are we not forgetting “Try Walking Across” !!

mkcol74
    Participant

If you want to see some footage of Connie on the move to her new home then have a look at this tweet!

And a few words from USA Today about it too.

Derek1948
    Participant

Ah, TWA. First flight to the USA way back in 1978 from Manchester on a Boeing 707 in TWA colours. Back in those days they were offering a 7 stop internal ticket for £200. We took advantage of this and were away a month. First long haul to USA and first trip of over 2 weeks holiday. Remember we took a DC-10 New Orleans to Las Vegas with about 50 people on board. Don’r remember the cabin crew etc. but certainly the OP bought back happy memories.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I spotted an AA 737 painted in the TWA colours at MIA on Monday!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls