TVMucho….seems to work.

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• openfly
    Participant

After the demise of Filmon some time ago, travellers who wanted to view U.K. TV channels have found it necessary to get a VPN to watch.
    I was recommended to try TVMucho. It is High Definition quality and offers most U.K. channels including Sky News. It is free for one hour a day, or for €49 for an annual subscription and doesn’t need a vpn.
    It’s legal and a UK company based in the Canaries. Worth a try!

3 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

I am looking for another IPTV provider to use with my Mag box as the one I use is not great, although it has a far larger number of channels than Mucho appears to offer, albeit for a higher price. Most of them are as much use to me as a wooden fireguard, for example TV Shqiptari, about 7000 US channels, etc.

Having said that I use IPTV outside the UK to watch UK TV, and sometimes take the box with me when travelling, my understanding is that it cannot ever be legal, since copyright laws only allow the use of certain broadcast material in the UK and RoE. Whilst not a ‘criminal offence’ to watch UK TV abroad, it is a breach of copyright, albeit one committed daily by thousands of people all over the globe.

Given that there is no legal way, paid or not, to watch UK TV outside the country, and that I pay a TV licence in the UK, I have no qualms about doing this, but to state that is ‘legal’ is disingenuous at best.

I would be interested in other opinions.

1 user thanked author for this post.

alanred13
    Participant

[quote quote=931377]but to state that is ‘legal’ is disingenuous at best.[/quote]

I have just looked at the TVMucho terms of service, here are a couple of extracts:

The TVMucho service allows subscribers to legitimately watch free-to-air satellite TV channels without the need for a third party contract or a set-top box. For ITV, Channel 4 ad Channel 5 the service is restricted on 3G/4G.

Due to legal restrictions some free-to-air channels can not be viewed via a 3G or 4G connection. The TVMucho technology is fully compliant with the European Court of Justice rulings on free-to air channels and takes care of all licensing on behalf of its subscribers. However, from time to time certain programming, including sports events, may be blacked out in Your local reception area.

Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Spain.

So TVMucho are saying it’s legal

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Here are some the previous threads on related subjects, in case they are useful (I know it’s not always easy to find them)

Filmon.com free tv ends

UK TV abroad

How do you watch UK TV

BBC iPlayer abroad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls