Turkish to Edinburgh from 16th July 2012!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

skyguy79
    Participant

The first of the great Eastern airlines to make Edinburgh it’s Scottish gateway ! Albeit a “seasonal” service !

http://www.airnewstimes.co.uk/turkish-airlines-to-start-seasonal-flights-to-edinburgh-and-bilbao-14199-news.html

canucklad
    Participant

More good news for EDI and its users. Are BAA pulling out all the stops pre-sale to attract in world class airlines or are they regretting their decision!

LeTigre
    Participant

Hopefully, Turkish will commit to this route and provide regional travellers a good alternative to Lufthansa, Air France and KLM. Now just for more gulf airlines…

skyguy79
    Participant

I think once daily to Glasgow and 4 x a week to Edinburgh should be looked at. They will definately fill up the seats with the strong ethnic populations in those cities and lower fares ! Service on Turkish is excellent in Business Class by the way !

skyguy79
    Participant

Sort of rubbishes the fact that Glasgow was openly mentioned in media in the last 2 years !
    It is a surprise that they went with Edinburgh http://forum.kusadasi.biz/threads/turkish-airlines-glasgow.17251/

goalie11
    Participant

As someone who regularly communtes between Abu Dhabi and Edinburgh using Etihad and Lufthansa I welcome another option (I prefer not to use the poor overnight services of BA too much).

I have use Turkish on a number of occasions through istanbul to LHR, MAN and BHX. While I agree that business class is good to LHR in their 777s and 330s it’s not so good to MAN and BHX in their 737s.

The Edinburgh service is scheduled to use a 319 so I don’t agree that business class will be a good service option on the 3-4 hour trip to Istanbul.

What would be good is if they used their 321s, which they use from Istanbul to Abu Dhabi, as they have decent short-haul business class seating as opposed to the normal layout with the middle seat free.

skyguy79
    Participant

I think owing to TK’s sponsorship of MAN United, there should be a daily A330 service from Manchester.

Glasgow and Edinburgh could both easily be served by A321s.

ConstantFlyer1
    Participant

Turkish Airlines offers a good service. However, I wonder if their sponsorship of Manchester United puts off as many people as it encourages.

skyguy79
    Participant

Looking at videos on youtube of Turkish crew during boarding for an IST-AMS flight they seem bored,annoyed, tired and with a very poor grasp of English ?

This echoes my MAN-IST flight a few years ago when one of the most miserable looking Airhostesses was standing by the curtain at boarding and so did not want to be there.

She also treated Asian passengers with contempt during the flight. With Turkish trying to become GLOBALLY YOURS I seriously think the crew need to be taught international standards of English !

HappytobeSilver
    Participant

I look forward to Turksih coming to Edinburgh as it will avoid travellers such as myself having to go via LHR so frequently. Turkish have good connections to the former Soviet states and this will mean the possibility of two flights sectors from Scotland rather than the often three when travelling via LHR. Agree though that TK’s service can be inconsistent. Travelling back from Tbilisi last year in business, on the 2 hour flight to Istanbul the inflight service ended 70 minutes before landing and it was impossible to get a drink thereafter!

skyguy79
    Participant

£109.00 return ?!!! That will certainly get bums on seats. But for long term loyalty maybe to give crew some training in understanding the Scottish accent and maybe to use the A321 on this route as opposed to the A319 ? Also Glasgow was in the pipeline and maybe should be served on alternate days ??

skyguy79
    Participant

Seems like they will be using an A321 after all ?!! Just got that news from TK in IST.

skyguy79
    Participant

now also using an a319 to launch billund,aalborg and bremen ?!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls