Turkish launches 5th daily LHR-IST flight

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

AMcWhirter
    Participant

This coming Sunday sees the start of the winter schedules.

Turkish Airlines is proudly promoting its new, fifth daily London Heathrow-Istanbul service.

But what the carrier is not saying is that it bought the LHR slot from SAS earlier this year for US$22 million.

That sounds a lot …until you remember that SAS sold another LHR slot for US$60 million. The carrier who bought this costly slot still remains unnamed.

http://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-transfers-an-additional-landing-and-take-off-right-slot-pair-at-london-heathrow-and-generates-a-positive-earnings-impact-of-musd-22/

Charles-P
    Participant

Gives Turkish a fifth opportunity to send people to IST and really annoy them with their appalling customer services at an airport with a well deserved reputation for incompetence.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Charles-P – 26/10/2015 09:16 GMT

While the airport facilities at IST leave something to be desired we must remember that a new airport will open within the next couple of years and the airport is hardly TK’s fault. In reality IST is no worse than somewhere like LHR T3.

As for TK, well I’ve now been almost exclusively dependent on them since moving to Cyprus in February and I have yet to experience ‘appalling customer service’ or be in any way annoyed. I suspect my experience of TK is far more reaching than that of the poster above which IIRC was related to one return flight.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls