Turkish Airlines – The worst customer complaint dept

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Nota record without considerable recent blemish though.

In January 2018 162 passengers had a miraculous escape when flight 8622 crashed and slid down a cliff at Tabzon.
    The aircraft was only saved from falling into the Black sea by the heavy earlier rain and wet ground at the bottom of the cliff.
    The right engine was broken off and the plane written-off.
    Pilot error ??

SAS
    Participant

As I mentioned, Pegasus has never had an FATAL accident. And since the number of passengers flying with Turkish Airlines, which is a separate entity, has trebled in a decade, it follows the statistical likelihood of an accident is lower now than previous.

cwoodward
    Participant

Suhail wrote “it follows the statistical likelihood of an accident is lower now than previous.”

Perhaps a step in the right direction ?………….. but still unacceptably high risk at least for me and others that know a little about the poor safety record of Turkish aviation in general.

SAS
    Participant

What a relief we all have the choice to fly with anyone we choose to then, and with Turkish Airlines carrying more passengers than any single European airline than either Ryanair or Easyjet, it seems your concerns are not terribly widespread.

cwoodward
    Participant

Suhail. Clearly you are a fan of Turkish
    I would never in any circumstance fly with them as the risks that I have outlined above are,I consider to be just too great.

Thus I respectfully beg to differ with the views that you express.

woodyhoo
    Participant

Not only TK similar bad service with QR,EY,EK Tg once you step off the plane.

capetonianm
    Participant

Suhail

You do yourself no favours in your support of TK by quoting incorrect facts :

with Turkish Airlines carrying more passengers than any single European airline than either Ryanair or Easyjet

Turkish Airlines 2018 : 75 million
    Ryanair : 142 million
    There are at least another 10 carriers with figures over 100 million.

Those are facts, not opinions. If you choose to believe that Turkish aviation is safe, you are entitled to that opinion.

SAS
    Participant

I refer to this webpage –

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_largest_airlines#/media/File:By_passengers_carried_(thousands).png

According to Wikipedia’s data, Turkish Airlines carries the 9’th largest number of passengers in the world, with only Easy Jet and Ryanair carrying more passengers amongst European Airlines.

Also, Turkish Airlines has a larger fleet than any European airline other than Ryanair – 413 versus 329. Turkish Airlines stands first among all airlines in terms of the countries it flies to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_largest_airlines

SAS
    Participant

Last year a staggering 75 million Turkish Airlines passengers chose differently!

capetonianm
    Participant

Suhail : You are being very selective in your use of the data from Wikipedia.
    Both LH group and IAG carried more pax than TK. You might argue that they are groups, not airlines, which is true.

Last year a staggering 75 million Turkish Airlines passengers chose differently!

I am not sure what you are trying to convey here.

And since the number of passengers flying with Turkish Airlines, which is a separate entity, has trebled in a decade, it follows the statistical likelihood of an accident is lower now than previous.

The statistical likelihood of an accident will increase, not decrease, in relation to the number of flights, which has also tripled.

I believe TK’s only valid claim to a record is the number of countries it serves.

cwoodward
    Participant

I am left wondering why all of the Turkish passengers are staggering.
    Rough ride?

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Cwoodward, they are staggering because they have all complained , got no response and given up the will to live!!

SAS
    Participant

Apples to oranges comparison between Turkish Airlines and the Lufthansa Group and IAG group.

The Lufthansa group is made up of Lufthansa, Swiss Airlines and Austrian Airlines, as well as a number of smaller subsidiaries.

The IAG Group is made up of British Airways and Iberia, two national flag carriers. As groups, they carry more people than Turkish Airlines. But Turkish Airlines now has a larger fleet than either Lufthansa or British Airways individually – 340 versus 296 and 277, respectively. And Turkish Airlines now carries more passengers per annum than either airline individually, according to the Wikipedia data I supplied, although fewer than Ryanair or Easyjet.

SAS
    Participant

The word ”staggering” is used to indicate a large number. A large sum of money, or a large number of people, for instance.

capetonianm
    Participant

The Lufthansa group is made up of Lufthansa, Swiss Airlines and Austrian Airlines, as well as a number of smaller subsidiaries.
    The IAG Group is made up of British Airways and Iberia, two national flag carriers. As groups, they carry more people than Turkish Airlines.

Yes, I am quite aware of that and mentioned it :

Both LH group and IAG carried more pax than TK. You might argue that they are groups, not airlines, which is true.

I tried to find the individual pax numbers for LH and BA but couldn’t easily get it. Maybe you can since you appear to be so fond of finding statistics.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls