Turkish Airlines Flight Cancellations

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• David
    Participant

In May, I, Elite / platinum member, booked an evening flight for me (paid business class) and my family (on miles) from Istanbul to Vienna in business class on Turkish Airlines.

That evening was flight was cancelled as such is the case at many airlines currently, I do understand. So I was forced to rebook to the earlier afternoon flight as I did not want to cancel my travel plans with the family which is a major inconvenience as we had afternoon plans in Istanbul.

So now, my original evening flight was reinstated again so I did call the call center and requested to be booked onto the original flight again.

Twice I did get the answer that as I already changed the flights once that I cannot change back to the original booking free of charge.

The third time, the agent was very supportive, referred to the limitations she is facing with the system and asked me to try to get a free change of flights by going through the feedback function.

I am curious if I will get my original booking free of charge.

It is unbelievable that airlines can cancel and reinstate flights as they wish and in the end the customer has to pay if wanting to travel on the original flight.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls