Turkish Airlines – delays and lies

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)

• Tirana1
    Participant

I wouldn’t bet on that with TK – when I needed to pick up a gold card (TK are v v slow in posting them) I was told that the airside service desk was unstaffed and all I could do was to go landside and try my luck with that desk. Since I was in transit and had no visa that was a ridiculous idea.

Alexthegreat
    Participant

Last November I was flying from Addis Ababa to Kiev via Istanbul with TK in Business Class. The flight left ADD 2hrs late and on arrival we toured the airport before waiting to go on a gate – the same aircraft pushing back was my Kiev flight. There were alot of anxious passengers who had connections. The transit desk was under siege from delayed passengers, so I went to the TK Lounge where they rebooked me onto their flight at 6pm (10hrs later) refusing to let me travel on the Ukraine International flight that left in 90mins and on which they had a codeshare. They proposed hotel accommodation (room only no meals) near the airport, but I decided to stay airside and use the showers in their lounge. No matter how nice the TK Lounge is, 9hrs is a long a time to spend there.

alainboy56
    Participant

I recently flew AUH-IST-Casablanca (CMN)
    Rather forced to take this option as QR/EY very full out of AUH to Marocco due to the Eid holidays and general school holiday season.
    Flight from AUH to IST was a A321 which for a flight of 4.1/2 hous is the wrong aircraft – its too cramped.
    Had a similar 5 hour stopover in IST and the flight to CMn was an aircrfat change from that scheduled – I guess again due to heavy loads on the route to CMN (A333 changed to B773) and indeed it was quite full with many grpups of Maroccans coming back from Omrah in KSA.
    On arrival in CMN 1 hr late, baggage delivery took nearly 2 hours (Usual Maroccan service – not TK fault), BUT TURKISH had left many bags behind in IST (incl my 2 colleagues). Did not put them on the codeshare flight later in afternoon (Royal Air Maroc) so wasted more time and sent them on the next fTK flight the following day!
    Absolutely no excuse as a B773 on a 4.1/2 hr flight IST-CMN has no weight/load issues, just very sloppy service from TURKISH and I would be loathe to use them again.
    We were only in Marocco for 3 days and my colleagues were without clothes etc for 2 of those days – UNACCEPTABLE from TURKISH! How come, with a nearly 5 hour stopover, and a increase in aircraft size/load they still ‘lost’ the bags of many people.
    Beware of TURKISH AIRLINES, they think they are rivaling the ME3, but with service like this…… I don’t think so!

JohnHarper
    Participant

Which class were you in?

The vast majority of TK A321s offer decent 2×2 seating in business class and the few that have convertor seats have genuinely wide seats and about 37 inches of leg room. Again most of the A321s have on demand IFE at every seat in both classes. You can be unlucky and get one of the older ones that hasn’t but they are being refitted. Generally it’s the TC-JR? ones that you have to watch out for not being quite up to TK’s current standard but then they are still ahead of the A321s of any major European airline in terms of comfort.

Almost all the A330s and all the 773s have flat beds in business class and the few A330s which do not have very good recliners and are only used on short routes – i.e. four hours or less. Unlike most airlines TK have 3-3-3 in econommy on the 773 too so far better than the ME3 carriers who now mostly have 3-4-3.

So your bags didn’t connect – well that happens on the best of carriers and I’ve experienced it too though never with TK who I use almost every week and on much shorter transfers through IST – usually less than two hours. I wonder how you know the route from IST-CMN had no weight issues – did you see the load control charts for freight?

Sad about your bags which did arrive 24 hours late rather than be lost for all time and no doubt you were served a well above average for the class you were traveling in a Do&Co meal on each sector but you are never going to travel with TK again?

I’m sure they won’t miss you and just think, the next time you’ll be able to pay a lot more to travel with someone else in less comfort. I’m sure LH or AF would have been able to accomodate you in both less comfort and for more money!

Good luck with your travels.

ABBA.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Alainboy56

Absolutely no excuse as a B773 on a 4.1/2 hr flight IST-CMN has no weight/load issues

Sorry you had a poor experience.

FYI, cargo can have a significant impact on weight/balance and I’ve seen pax luggage left off (not on TK) to accomodate urgent cargo.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls