Turkish Airlines – delays and lies

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

I have read a lot of posts and flight reviews over the years, some flattering and some quite unflattering..

My first comment on this report, is I must be missing something…. because it the story about the arrival, touch down at 12.07, parking at 12.28 and the onward connection at 13.15.. (missed) – with the airline REFUSING to help…. just seems unbelievable.. I wish you had made this post on the other side of the page, because more people tend to read the “right hand posts”…

I would like to do some research to see if I can get the official arrival times for this flight..

BT – if this is a genuine post… and I have no reason to doubt it…. surely these passengers shouldn’t have been refused a revised ticket for onward travel.

The other question, is the minimum transit time, based on a landing or time on gate time….

I hope someone can make some sense of this…

What were your flight numbers please – based on your post I can only see TK 777 connecting to TK1977.. which sort of meet your flight timings…

According to flight stats, on the 9th Jan, TK 777 (via Bahrain) landed at IST at 8.30 am…???

WillieWelsh
    Participant

The one thing that is missing from this flight review is anything about a flight, it is simply a rant about TK and I’m not sure how it qualifies as a flight review.

FWIW I connect through IST every month, I’ve made tighter connections than that due to delays inbound, holding on approach to IST can be as bad as LHR at times.

I have missed connections on a couple of occasions and been rebooked without any problem and I’ve never had the sort of conversation described above. As anywhere some staff are more helpful than others. The ones that don’t come across as helpful often don’t have great command of English but that’s what happens when you fly with airlines from countries where English is not the first language and I’ve had worse problems on that score with Air France.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

WW, this is not a rant….

its either a load of B******s, or a very serious issue, in that a ‘major’ airline, part of *A, abandons passengers in such a cavalier manner.

Would love to have the flight numbers to give this post some credibility….

MrMichael
    Participant

MartynSinclair, I agree. If this is true then it absolutely appalling. Only the poster and TK will know if this is true. We see a lot of TK bashing on the forum, having never flown with them have never commented, but if this is true it really does take the biscuit.

Tirana1
    Participant

Sadly, the tale is consistent with my personal experience of TK’s attitude to its customers. The failure to speak English when an issue needs resolving is something I too have seen with them – and I hold an elite plus card on TK (but try and avoid them nevertheless.)

I would suggest suing TK if an Irish court will take jurisdiction. Travel insurance should come into play in these circumstances. Lack of reference to that is puzzling.

canucklad
    Participant

The big question that hasn’t been asked is whether or not the ticket was a through ticket to Dublin or separate segments. !.

The one point that stands out is TK quoting the landing time, AF, along with others also do this and it’s a disingenuous and frankly an exercise In fiddling numbers.
    The amount of times I’ve landed on time at CDG, but struggled to, or missed connections because I’ve been taken on a tour of the Normandy countryside via Liege whilst taxing, to connect with our plane spotters bus tour are comically so numerous I now feel short changed if it doesn’t happen.

And yet TK managed to raise the bar with their post flight tour, by eventually parking up and depositing us in their maintenance base, before bussing us all the way back to the terminal, not sure if we crossed the Bosphorus or not during our trek. The point is, in the case of TK, I wonder what would have happened to me, if TK hadn’t changed my EDI flight times weeks before. , we would never have made the original departure, thanks to the Turks proudly sharing their hanger facilities with us. And would the ground rep, quote the landing time or the terminal arrival time?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Well I have certainly just learnt something new today.

I had always thought if an aircraft arrived on stand underneath the minimum connection time, that the airline would automatically re book a through / connecting ticket..

I had no idea it was landing time!!

I know Flight connections in T5, have always looked at the Time on Stand when deciding if to re book…

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I would have thought it would be taken from “at stand” time. Some places you can taxi for 30 minutes plus or be stuck waiting for a gate. But wouldn’t be surprised if someone pulled the line that it landed at …..,

first_class_please
    Participant

http://www.flightradar24.com shows TK777 on 9 Jan landed at 12:00

From many comments and reviews read in the past, I personally have no intention of ever setting foot on a TK aircraft.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I made the decision in 2014 to not fly TK again, ever, after yet another issue with their whole attitude towards customers. Something I am not prepared to accept again.
    But something with this episode puzzles me, something is missing in this story surely?
    30+ years of travelling/flying and I have never come across such an issue…..even with TK.

There has to be an explanation like, not a single booking, not a through ticket etc.

sorry to be a sceptic but something doesn’t add up.

stevescoots
    Participant

The only reason I can think was it was not a through ticket, and I think as the OP has vanished that would be the reason. We know the risks if playing the game to save cost of not doing a through. For example I recently took an EX BRU-LHR-HKG on BA. I flew BA from LHR to BRU on a separate ticket, fully aware that if I didn’t make it to BRU on time that BA had every right to put me as a no show in BRU and give me no assistance rebooking. Smartly I left more than enough time.
    Sometimes they do have a heart, my colleague recently did the same but he used a LoCo on the booking LHR to BRU, due to bad weather his flight got canned, and as luck would have it the BA flight BRU to LHR also got scrapped. He went to BA, explained that he could not get on at BRU as his flight to BRU earlier in the day had been cancelled, throw in some story about needed to be in BRU an hour just to sign some legal papers + show them his boarding pass for original non BA flight and they kindly booked him to HKG on the next flight, no cost. So he ended up going EX BRU without actually going to BRU ?

MrMichael
    Participant

As the original poster has not returned, and as the regulars on the BT forum have some suspicions over the authenticity of this tale I guess it must be matter closed. It does however beg the question of what the motive was for such a post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The poster appears to be a one time poster on seatplans..

The post did bring a beneficial discussion to the Forum about MCT’s. I for one, have learnt something new, although for me, British Airways, have never given me a problem with re routing flights, even when outside the 1 hour (within reason!!!)….

WillieWelsh
    Participant

Indeed, a helpful discussion has taken place though in the continued absence of the original poster to explain anything further I rest my case that it was a rant.

conc001
    Participant

Trust me there is no airline that would make you go through passport control then go back airsside t o pay a fee in this day and age all the agents have card readers to deal withy upgrades excess fares etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls