Turkish Airlines B777-300ER Economy (long-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

junaidkhan
    Participant

Had a flight from toronto-istanbul-karachi which was supposed to start on December 23,2012. Flight from Toronto was delayed for 16 hours because of mechanical problem with the aircraft. They kept us in the lounge by delaying the flight every 30 minutes. After 2 hours they brought around 100+ small bag of potato chips for 300+ travellers which sure was not enough. After 7 hours delay someone called police and only then they have arranged hotel for passengers. They gave us a room with only one bed to accommodate for 3 person and a breakfast voucher that is good enough for one glass of juice.

Of course we missed our next flight, but Turkish staff at Toronto did not tell us about the connecting arrangements and keep saying the head office in Istanbul is working round the clock to make every arrangement. At Istanbul they told us that our next flight is after 36+ hours and we have to pay visa fee which us USD 60/person with Canadian passport. It took them several hours to arrange a really bad hotel.

We requested Muslim meal during flight but served with Canadian made yogurt with gelatin in its ingredients which of course was not a Muslim meal.

And on top of all, when we arrive at Karachi our stuff did not arrive. So here we are wearing stinky clothes after having 3+ days of horrible experience with Turkish waiting for our stuff to arrive but I am not very optimistic about that.

Will I buy a ticket with Turkish again, never in my life 🙂 unless their is no other option in the world.

andystock
    Participant

Not living upto their present TV ad then!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls