Turkish Airlines B737-800 Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

DutchinSwitzerland
    Participant

Since this was an onward connection from my flight from Geneva I didn’t have to go through boarding or security for this flight.

It was quite a walk from the Turkish lounge to gate 312 (through a very busy airport) and when I arrived the flight had just started to board. We were on an outside location so had to go by bus and there was no clear priority lane for busines class passengers. The bus was really loaded to the max before it left. at arrival at the plane I was one of the first to get off the bus and onto the stairs. When walking into the plane I was disappointed to see that, although a newer version, it was still the same 3-3 seating as on the flight from Geneva. Here as well seatplans shows a different seating plan with the new 2-2 business class seats. Would be interested to know which routes Turkish actually uses the new seats on.

The seat
    I was again in 3C with the middel seat also turned into a little side table (smaller and less stable than on the 320). The seat next to me was occupied on this flight but apart from getting up to let him in the other passenger didn’t bother me during the flight which was nice. All seat are the same but also here it seems that the front row seats have a little less leg room due to the bulkhead.

Food and entertainment
    This was a lunch time flight so the food offer was quite good, options were grilled swordfish, beef sirloin or vegetarian pasta. I opted for the beef which tasted really good. Service was with a smile and I was regularly asked if I wanted anythin else. They showed a TV series on the overhead screens this time but I wasn’t interested an read my newspaper instead.

Arrival
    We arrived in Beirut on time and were quickly at immigration which was quiet, friendly immigration officer who let me thrue without any issue (especially after I assured him that he wouldn’t find an Israeli stamp among the many stamps in my passport). Suitcase was on the belt just when I arrived and was out and on my way to my hotel in a breeze

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls