Turkish Airlines A340-300 Business (long-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

SBingham
    Participant

CMN to IST, not the new business class seats but still fine for this short flight, Cabin looking tired but clean. Service and food was good, champagne available but not flowing very small glasses and only half full. Turkish airlines crew do there job well but i never see them interacting with passengers which i think lets their overall service down. My only gripe about this flight was the baggage retrieval at Attaturk it was terrible I waited 40 mins for my bag business class tags made no difference and mine was one of the last out.

One airline I would like to try is Air Arabia. Although based in Sharjah, there is a direct flight between Casa and Istanbul.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Haven’t flown them for a few years, but Sharjah should have been rebuilt by now (it was a charming airport, with lovely architecture when I was there).

Air Arabia was very good for a short hop, though the taped prayer prior to take off was disconcerting!

Wonderful VK

Since the age of 18, I have wanted to learn Arabic. However, 4 years at SOAS is just not poss. I love the sound of Arabic (and Hebrew)…

I seem to remember they say a little prayer on PIA.

SBingham

I didn’t realise Turkish used this aircraft type on this route.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I would have thought there would be more reviews for Turkish Airlines bearing in mind the current advertising campaign with Lionel and fellow sports stars.

Alex – just for you, the travellers prayer in Hebrew (Tephilat Haderech).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFk3zjdK0tA

Very much appreciated Martyn.

Have I ever mentioned that I worked on a Moshav near Gaza and washed dishes in an ultra-orthodox hotel on the Sea of Galilee.

Lionel – I love his Argentine accent. Fantastic ad!

Best regards

SBingham
    Participant

alexpo1
    they seem to use various aircraft 320’s to 330’s also on this route. I was hoping for the new business class but wrong place on the wrong day.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls