Turkish Airlines A330-200

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Boarding at LHR was very poor. Zone A called first, then Zone B and Premium passengers (I am *G and entitled to fast track). No signage to indicate general boarding and premium line. I should mention no staff available at Business Class check-in.

I had bulkhead seat which had plenty of legroom. IFE excellent for 4 hour flight, about 9" screen with good choice of films. Food was excellent: small pot of beans to start, main course beef (excellent potatoes) and very good cake to finish.

On landing, plane sat on the tarmac for +20 minutes, assume problem with the airport rather than the airline. But was bussed to the terminal, not ideal for such a large aircraft.

IST awful airport, too big, crowded and too hot. Ground handling of cancelled connecting flight handled EXTREMELY POORLY by Turkish Airlines. However onboard service very good.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Slotski can be found here

WillieWelsh
    Participant

IST always reminds me of a slightly better version of Bangkok Don Muang when it was at its most chaotic and overused.

I would disagree and say the problem with it is that it is not big enough for the sheer numbers of people passing through and the facilities are not adequate though what there is seems to be maintained to a good standard e.g. the toilets are clean and it’s light and bright and the aircon is mostly effective.

A new airport is on the way and supposed to open in mid 2017 which should improve things, once finished it’s supposed to be the biggest in the world but no doubt by then someone else will have a bigger one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls