Turkish Airlines A321-200

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Always check that your life jacket is under your seat! Mine was missing his and you don't want to be asking flight attendants for one when you really need it…

Imagine the faces of the crew when I told them right after the safety brief, and fellow passengers (who then checked for their life jacket). After minutes of static discomfort, the crew called their flight manager, checked under my seat (in case I had not check properly…), and struggled to find a replacement(really…?!). They finally got a life jacket from an empty business class seat, and I wished they'd moved me to the business seat instead! Haha.

A safe take-off later we had an uneventful flight despite being very delayed in Istanbul and catching my London flight with only minutes to spare…

Lesson learned for fellow passengers: Always listen to the safety brief, check nearest exit, count the number of seats between you and the exit, check which way your seatbelt opens (it's never the same way…) and ALWAYS check for your life jacket!

FYI (another thing I learned at the British Airways Flight Training Centre): The disappearance of life jackets is common knowledge among airline companies as people have been known to steal them as a souvenir. Depending on the frequency of cabin checks, plane maintenance, or life jacket inspection, the absence of a life jacket may go unnoticed for a while. The fact that I have been checking for this item diligently over 2,5 years now on major airline carriers without there being a problem and that I just flew a Turkish Airlines flight for the first time and a life jacket is missing would make for an interesting debate on flight prices vs airline safety management and procedures.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user jeremygb can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls