Turkish Airlines A320-200 Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

DutchinSwitzerland
    Participant

This was an onward connection coming from Beirut so no check-in. Security to transfer was quick and without any hassle. Spend some nice time in the Turkish lounge which I wrote about in an earlier review. I just can say enough positive things about this lounge. This time I discovered some more food stations and sampled some nice Turkish specialties, even though I already ate something on my flight from Beirut.

Boarding
    This time boarding was a bit of a scrummage, the plane was on a bus location and, I guess because we would all be waiting on each other anyway, they decided to only open one line with only one ground staff to perform the boarding. I arrived at the gate quite early so I was still one of the first to be on the bus.

On board
    The A320, like on the way out, had a 3-3 seating with the middle seat turned into a side table style. The seat is comfortable enough for sitting but sleeping is certainly not a possibility. Again drinks and the menu were handed out once all passengers were on board. I guess the business section was only half full so we received some very good attention from the cabin crew. I had originally booked an isle seat but since the seat next to me remained empty I moved to the window seat to enjoy some of the views on the way out of Istanbul.

Since I already ate on the flight from Beirut and a lttile bit in the lounge as well I opted for the vegetarian pasta whcih tasted good. This time I received my own little bottle of champagne so I could top up a few times myself which was nice. During the flight they showed a movie on the overhead screens which I watched to kill the time. Had to swap headphones since the ones in my seatpocket had a faulty connection. The quality of the headphones was pretty good through.

Arrival into Geneva was on time and I was first through passport control and my suitcase was also the first to come down the belt so clearly my lucky day.

Overall I can only say that I like flying Turkish, their onboard service is good enough and their lounge in Istanbul is unbeaten.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls