Turkish Airline – The Worst Customer Service

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• WER
    Participant

They have OK flights, reasonable prices, magnificent new airport. But, they fail miserably when it comes to customer service. it does not exist. you call, email, fill online forms, nothing gets resolved.
    hey broke my brand new bag at checking in front of me and their staff at Miami airport.
    You would imagine that this would be resolved right away – but, a month later – nothing happened.
    You file a report and claim and go through endless steps.you do airport claim, you follow online, you upload all documents, you call multiple times, you write to them on Twitter, . At the end, you get denied from their customer service!
    How in the work you break the bag at Checking and you and I see it and then you deny the claim! you call again and explain again, update the online again.. nothing. shame on you!

RoyJones
    Participant

Actually, how do they break a bag at check-in in front of you ? Pull the handle off? Jump on it? Throw it against a wall? Please explain

GBAIR72
    Participant

I feel your pain. I have just had horrible issue with them and tbh they completely disregarded my complaint. I have had better customer service from Ryanair.

My advice – don’t ever fly them again!

There needs to be a customer group where everyone bands together to try to create more gravitas and social media presence on the complaints. Does one exist. Maybe a Facebook / twitter group.

capetonianm
    Participant

Yesterdays’ TK045 CPT-IST suffered a technical problem. The undercarriage couldn’t be raised after takeoff. It circled off the coast for over 2 hours and then flew to JNB at low speed/altitude and landed at about 2230. Things can go wrong and I am sure we all understand that.

Trying to get information about the subsequent arrival into IST (a friend was concerned about a family member whom she thinks is on it and she called TK in London who referred her to the website/app) from the TK website and the even worse IST airport website has been a headache of mammoth proportions.

The TK website looks neat and clear, but the information is poorly presented and confusing.

The istairport.com website doesn’t even work properly.

In comparison to this, the BA website that so many of us complain about is a masterpiece of clarity and performance.

There was a time when I recommended TK when asked, as they seemed good value for price-sensitive travellers, but in the light of subsequent events and comments such as the many on this forum, there is no way I would do so now. Not in a million years would I consider flying with them.

openfly
    Participant

Well, this is what one gets if you are stupid enough to book Turkish Airlines!!

SimonS1
    Participant

Turkish seem to be having another run of incidents. I saw problems in Port Harcourt the other day where the pilot mistook the centre line for the runway edge and trashed the landing gear.

Personally I would avoid.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls