Tumi luggage – what’s the big deal?

Back to Forum

This topic contains 32 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  PerthWA 19 Feb 2015
at 13:40

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• Charles-P
    Participant

I heard a little (12 year old ) New York princess at JFK last week saying to her mother,

“I like know it’s an IPAD but is it a designer IPAD?”

GordyUK
    Participant

I’m with SenatorGold on this one . All my luggage is Tumi, and specifically the Ducati range. I’ve built my collection of 5 pieces up over as many years, just buying at the right place at the right time.

I love the fact they have a free trace & return service embedded in each piece, and you couldn’t want for more zips and clever storage.

I believe some items also have security zips so they can’t just be jabbed open with a pen, and come with TSA approved padlocks so they can be opened by US officials without damage.

I’ve never thought of my luggage as a status symbol, although I have been known to ridicule my parent’s “antler” luggage 😉

I thought status luggage was all Louis Vuitton and the likes?

PerthWA
    Participant

I know it’s anout Tumi but I agree with many of the posters that it’s a “what”? My Delseys (especially bought on special at bed bath beyond NYC and Carrefour Dubai) survive hideous overweight packing (books books and even more books!) and come back ready to fight another day. That said, I do carry a Celine cabin bag when I want to be precious 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller October 2019 edition
Business Traveller October 2019 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls