Trip to Dubai

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1010031][/postquote]

So frankly what is being said here that they are not really e gates at all but almost e gates…. And Martyn you question why I say that Heathrow is one of the most underwhelming airports in the world…. Term 5 as the newest and to some extent T2 should be ultra modern but they are not and make a mockery as I said of the term “Great” it aint, never was and probably never will be

On point I have used proper egates in Singapore, Dubai, HKG, even dare i say the US with the ESTA process …. arriving off a long haul flight into T5 or indeed any other terminal (hasnot happened to me in T2) and you are met with a see of people being shepherded away from e gates and that is most infuriating……

1 user thanked author for this post.

alainboy56
    Participant

MartynSinclair and SimonS1

You cannot be serious?
    This is like some Benny Hill sketch!
    You mean there is no ‘matrix like APP’ that is comparing my photo e.g. ‘the distance between my eyes and the bridge of my nose’ taken by the e-gate ‘post’ camera in relation with my 9 year old (and many kgs ago) passport photo !
    Are you two pullin my plonker?

Well knock me down wiv a fevver.

Seriously, I used to have an Abu Dhabi e-gate card up until just a couple of years ago, and I know you guys in Dubai did not have that facility.
    I tried to use one day on arrival at DWC Maktoum Airport (from Doha) – the e-gate nearly blew a fuse -actually I am exaggerating – it merely said go to a desk, which gave me a good opportunity to joke with the locals (on Immigration) half in English half in Arabic on how and why they (in Dubai) hate people from Abu Dhabi.
    We have Residence Visas from ‘The UAE’ but AD and Dubai are like two different countries – AND THAT is even more so true today. They have completely separated.
    Anyway he just laughed with a salutary protest, stamped me in, and waived me on my way still laughing.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=1010113]You cannot be serious?
    This is like some Benny Hill sketch![/quote]

Exactly. A lot of Heathrow is like a Benny Hill sketch to be honest.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls