Trip to Dubai

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

I give up!! If colleagues won’t understand that this IS a serious topic and not blind political correctness, then there is nothing further to add. Given global events, responses here make me sad.

1 user thanked author for this post.

talparis
    Participant

You are absolutely right, this is a serious topic and therfore you should start a new topic line but please don’t kidnap this topic. Thank you for your understandings.

cwoodward
    Participant

[postquote quote=1008746][/postquote]

Tom, I respect your point of view yet honestly and vigorously disagree with it, all in the spirit of this forum.

2 users thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1008739][/postquote]

Which was being perfectly answered and was hijacked by a ridiculous comment that many challenged is all. We are allowed to disagree with each other and voice opinion, nobody was rude or derogatory and I now agree lets get back to the subject matter!

5 users thanked author for this post.

harrickbayley
    Participant

This was very informative I hereby look forward to taking a trip to Dubai very soon

SimonS1
    Participant

I was business contact last night over dinner. She said this was a regular talking point around town and pointed me to an article in Gulf News which raised the culture of mask wearing (or lack thereof) amongst Indians.

https://gulfnews.com/photos/news/covid-19-people-show-how-not-to-wear-a-mask-in-india-1.1594726794149

Could I ask TominScotland to urgently get in touch and help them review their editorial policies?

3 users thanked author for this post.

alainboy56
    Participant

@SimonS1

And the amusing thing is, as I have always stated rather sarcastically for 26 years, is that ‘The Gulf News’ was written by Indians for Indians.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1008821][/postquote]

Ha. For Indians by Indians. Does that mean the paper is guilty of casual racism or do two negatives make a positive….

Bullfrog
    Participant

The contributor wrote “(our Indian friends were by far the biggest offenders)”.

Another way of writing something similar, which in my opinion has a softer interpretation is “most of the offenders appeared to be of Indian origin”.

However the report was all about travelling to Dubai at this very strange time, and my thanks to the contributor.

Inquisitive
    Participant

[quote quote=1008795]Bullfrog, JohnnyG, alainboy56, Frederic, cwoodward
    THANKS[/quote]

This report talks about India, not Dubai.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1008945][/postquote]

It also talks about the culture of non mask wearing among Indians. But I suppose there is a PC point to be made everywhere if you look hard enough.

FRANCESCABARNES
    Participant

Oh my god people, for heaven’s sake get a life. I couldn’t even be bothered to read majority of the rantings, sound like a load of old women……ooops hope that wasn’t racist!!!

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1009293][/postquote]

Sexist maybe πŸ™‚

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1009293][/postquote]

……………. but FRANCESCABARNES this thread had died down (no posts for several days) and you have just started it again!

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1009408][/postquote]

No he hasn’t! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls