Travelling with our partners

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

I am the first to confess I am a nightmare to travel with, like many I do it so often alone when I have my good lady with me I find the whole experience quite traumatic. Stop to look in the shops, choosing a book at the airport, have I seen the nearest toilets? For most of us getting from A-B even for holiday is a chore, my vacation starts when the shorts and flip flops are on after the unpacking.

This week returning from Asia we are in Qatar Business on a busy flight in the two middle seats, I am watching a film my good lady dozed off a long time ago. She then wakes and staggers to the bathroom, several minutes later a gentlemen sits in her seat, you ok I ask. Yes I am going to go to sleep here, your wife came out of the bathroom, I entered and when I came out she is flat out asleep in my seat next to my sleeping wife.

I decided to then go to sleep myself, and try and stay asleep until the shock for both ladies was over and done with.

Happy weekend all.

Str8Talking
    Participant

Thank you for a good Friday laugh! This has made me giggle!

K1ngston
    Participant

+1 I think we all can relate ….. LOL

Swindoneric
    Participant

+1. Very funny.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

your great post has got several “careful” responses…here is another one!!!! …..again LOL

icenspice
    Participant

Well, here is another careful reply….is your wife a bit dozy G&T?

Have a great weekend too.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

icenspice: partners are NEVER dozy, but sometimes maybe enjoy a bit too much G&T?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Great one G&T. Love it.

I’ve never had that happen to me but I know exactly what you mean. Between us the rules are clear and understood. After security I head straight to the lounge while Mrs. LP goes round the shops. She buys nothing but has a moan about prices/quality/choice when she gets back. I pretend to listen whilst nodding my head in sympathy. Ah, the joys of married life 😉

1nfrequent
    Participant

I hate to be the one to suggest this, Gin&Tonic but maybe your wife knew exactly what she was doing … 🙂

1F

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls