Travelling with implants

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

[quote quote=904066]After being prompted by this thread I asked my doctor to include a PSA test when I was there a couple of days ago. I’m very glad I did because the test came back with a level of 6.3ng/mL (with the normal range being 0-4.5). So looks like I’m heading for a biopsy as a result of that.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that Chris, 6.3 was my first, then went to 6.8 but latest yesterday was down to 6.2 so i have avoided Hormone treatment before my impnats. Hopefully for you its nothing serious and a bit of Prostitus

OneA
    Participant

Steve I wish you the very best with your treatment package. Please ensure that your choice of treatment is fully considered in the light of all the evidence available. You are pretty young to be saddled with this. Feel free to ask your Urologist again about your options if necessary.
    For others….false positives of PSA are not uncommon. A raised level can come from simple benign prostatic hypertrophy but of course may indicate a more serious problem. Don’t simply ignore it!
    Hope all goes well Steve.

Terry
    Participant

Repeated studies have shown that screening PSA’s are NOT appropriate for the general population.

Men PSA screened had twice the mortality & morbidity of those not screened. 64 year old male doctor here with no family history.

I did one PSA in my 40’s, but when I read the data I stopped 20 years ago.

Those are the facts.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls