Traveller sues airline for serving sparkling wine not Champagne

Back to Forum

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  FDOS_UK 19 Oct 2017
at 14:02

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Craig Bright

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

And here I thought only serving orange juice or water was bad enough…
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41669611?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Haha – really quite funny. Not sure that I could be bothered but, fair play to that man 🙂

stevescoots
    Participant

Orange Juice would be nice!!

Sundays flight from HKG to LHR on BA I was offered Champers or water. I asked for orange juice which i always have, only to be told they do not do it anymore pre-take off. I said seriously? more cost cutting? Crews excuse was it has been removed as an enhancement in preparation for the new Club world being rolled out on that route. I did say I am not sure how removing OJ in preparation is an enhancement and asked when the new CW will be started. She was not sure and as its BA I just left it at that, put my head down, closed my eyes and just sighed. Remove a product in preparation for a service that you don’t know when it starts and call it an enhancement….I am seriously not surprised

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

@steve – yet they probably had Bucks fizz on the menu?…. oh wait, that would have been the prebottled stuff from Marks and Spencer.
    No orange Juice??, seriously??

stevescoots
    Participant

@steve – yet they probably had Bucks fizz on the menu?…. oh wait, that would have been the prebottled stuff from Marks and Spencer. No orange Juice??, seriously??

seriously, it was available after take off but not as a pre drink, which was odd as i had it on the flight out 2 weeks before

esselle
    Participant

Last time I flew BA F, I was offered orange squash pre take off by a rather disinterested steward.

He’s the same one who suggested later that the white burgundy on board was Merolest….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Last time I flew BA F, I was offered orange squash pre take off by a rather disinterested steward.
    He’s the same one who suggested later that the white burgundy on board was Merolest….

Ah, the famous Merolest, don’t joke about it 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls