Travelgenic

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Peter
    Participant

I booked a flight for my son, on Qatar, through this travel agency. Realised far too late that while they may well be ‘legitimate’, they are impossible to contact. No WhatsApp, no telephone number, no email, nothing. Tried contacting them to attempt to get an answer as to why I was charged a different, higher price to the one I clicked on but literally could not find a way. Got onto Qatar (Customer Service dept. is in Kenya)but they washed their hands of the issue. “You booked through a third party/travel agency so, sorry mate, can’t help you in any way. Nothing to do with us”. Qatar, presumably, took most of the nearly US$2k fee paid but thought that they were in no way responsible for helping in any way.
    My obvious advice would be not to use Travelgenic under any circumstances.
    Disappointing response from Qatar.

ASK1945
    Participant

I tried to find “Travelgenic” on the internet, but there was no record of it. There are numerous references to another company called “Travegenio”, with negative reports.

I suggest that you check with Qatar Airways that you actually have a booking.

ASK1945
    Participant

Correction: “Travelgenio”

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

While I fully understand your frustration with Travelgenio, I’m not quite sure what you expect Qatar Airways to do? Assuming that you do have an actual booking on the flight, issues regarding the fare you paid are between you and Travelgenio. If Qatar Airways (or any other airline) was to get involved every time a customer had an issue with a 3rd party agent, they would probably need to quadruple their staff count. Upshot, yes, very frustrating / annoying / upsetting, but only ever book flights direct with the airline or through an agent that you have checked out in advance. If in the UK, I would prefer to book through Trailfinders, pay a higher fare and have someone I could talk to. If you want the lower fare, well, caveat emptor and all that.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

If you live close to an airport or a Qatar ticket office it might be worth physically visiting them in person.

I had an issue a few years back when I booked through a cheapo online website, who were useless. This was for flights with TK, who couldn’t have been more helpful when going to their ticket office at LHR.

Lesson learned though, book with a good agent. (Tim on here is excellent).

Best of luck.

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I endorse AlanOrton1’s recommendation 100%. Tim handles all my tickets at prices and desired schedules, I could not achieve.

Best of all though, I have never needed to ring an airline for queries or changes since I have been dealing with Tim – the only part I handle, are missing airmiles and avios…tier points

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls