Travel via Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

CharlesRhona
    Participant

Have booked flights to travel from ABZ to AMS and onward to KUL and PEN. First leg to AMS with KLM is on separate PNR to the AMS – KUL – PEN which is with MH. I have flown this route in the past using the same airlines but always on a single PNR and know that they can check luggage right through to the final destination. However our ABZ – AMS flight is the afternoon before with the AMS – KUL – PEN the following morning – just to be safe in case of delays!

What I am hoping to do on both the outbound and inbound flights is to try and get the luggage checked through from ABZ – PEN and vice versa. The added complication is that on our first leg we will be staying overnight at a Schipol hotel although we would prefer not to have to pick up luggage and book it in the next morning. Does anyone know if Schipol will keep checked luggage overnight – the onward flight is within 24 hours of our ABZ departure time.

dutchyankee
    Participant

KLM will allow luggage to be checked through to a connecting flight that departs within 23 hours of arrival at AMS. I doubt this will be done for another carrier, especially not in their alliance. There are two Luggage Storage facilities at Schiphol after customs, if you don’t want to take your luggage to your hotel, or you might check if MH will accept your luggage for the flight the next day, but this still would require you to claim it and go through customs, and back up to check-in. Others might know more but this is what seems logical to me,.

cityprofessional
    Participant

Amsterdam doesn’t have the best reputation for luggage handling, particularly over complex routings, and especially with current renovation works… Personally I’d pick up the bags rather than leave them to the whims of schiphol baggage handlers…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls