Travel to the US

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• KennyNLM
    Participant

Can someone confirm that close family members (partners and children) of US citizens are currently able to travel to the US, if travelling together? Are the checks with the airlines / immigration stringent? I have heard that marriage and birth certificates are required
    Many thanks

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

And how are you proposing to enter the USA ? Have you got a visa or esta?

maxgeorge
    Participant

Reportedly, and curiously, EU and possibly UK citizens can enter the US without Covid restrictions of any kind, not even a test, on Turkish from IST and Air Serbia from BEG.

Non citizens/permanent residents would still need a Visa and ESTA, of course.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@KennyNLM As a Dutch American I can assure you if you are a European citizen married to an American Citizen, you may enter the USA, but you need to apply through an American Embassy or Consulate approximately 7 to 10 days before travelling, and of course have a valid visa and ESTA. I did it for my Husband who is French, and it was very easy, and no issues at border control at ATL.

Malachi1
    Participant

US Citizens, Permanent US residents, and those given permission to enter. Business Visas are granted if you have work related business.

If you are traveling from countries which allow people in. China, South Korea. I’m sure there are ways…the Turkish route seems interesting.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Yes UK citizens can enter US from those places (ZAG/BEG/IST), or DXB/Caribbean / Mexico and many other places provided they have spent 15 nights outside UK/Schengen and the other countries listed on the US Proclamation before boarding a plane to the US and having a valid ESTA (unless you have an NIE).

For family member rules – all as per the link:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/covid-19-travel-restrictions-and-exceptions.html

2 users thanked author for this post.

KennyNLM
    Participant

Thanks all, I’m a US citizen, but my wife and 2 children are British nationals. The US declarations suggest that both spouses and minor children are exempt from the rules. I just wanted to check whether there were any additional processes to go through (apart from the ESTA)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls