Travel to Israel

Back to Forum

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ASK1945 28 Jun 2018
at 15:58

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Inthesandpit
    Participant

Hello again everyone I wonder if you can help.
    A colleague of mine, UK citizen, working in Canada is travelling to TLV for business, however he used to work in Dubai and therefore has cancelled residence visas, entry stamps to the UAE and Oman in his passport. Will he be refused entry to Israel?
    Similarly if his passport gets stamped will this preclude future visits to Arab countries for business or pleasure?
    In a previous existence, many years ago I had two passports in case I travelled to countries that shall we say did not have good relations with others.

All help much appreciated.

Andy/Thailand
    Participant

Hi Inthesandpit

They do not stamp the passport anymore they just give an entry and exit tickets. I have many Dubai stamps in my visa and have never been questioned about them, plus my colleague who was with me has a Dubai residence visa in her passport and no questions where asked either.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DiamondDad68
    Participant

I traveled to Israel at the beginning of the month from LTN on a UK passport. I dont have any Arab country visas in my passport so cant comment on that. What I can say was that my passport was not stamped on entry to Israel, instead I was issued a blue paper visitors entry permit that I had to keep with my passport. When I left I was issued with a red paper exit permit. The whole entry and exit process was very quick and efficient and put the UK Border Force to shame. My return to LTN was appalling with queues literally hundreds deep and queuing back to the disembarkation gates, its obviously UK wide not just LHR T5 specific.

capetonianm
    Participant

I did a quick check on the Timatic database, which is what airlines use to check before embarking passengers, and it does not indicate that there would be a problem entering Israel.

As for entering Arab countries with an Israeli visa, it would depend which one. I checked Syria and Lebanon and predictably it states:

Syria
    WARNING:
    – VISITORS WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY IF HOLDING PASSPORTS OR
    TRAVEL DOCUMENTS:
    – STATING THAT IT IS VALID FOR ISRAEL; AND/OR
    – CONTAINING A VISA (VALID OR EXPIRED) FOR ISRAEL; AND/OR
    – CONTAINING A STAMP INDICATING BORDER CROSSING
    ISRAEL-JORDAN; AND/OR
    – HOLDING TICKETS WITH EVIDENCE OF ENTRY IN ISRAEL OR AT
    RAFHA, GAZA OR NABLUS.

Lebanon :
    HOLDERS OF PASSPORTS CONTAINING ANY ISRAELI VISA OR STAMP
    WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY.
    – PASSENGERS BORN AFTER 1967 WITH A PASSPORT OR OTHER DOCUMENT
    ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY STATING ISRAEL AS PLACE OF BIRTH WILL BE
    REFUSED ENTRY

I don’t see any restrictions re Qatar or UAE.

2 users thanked author for this post.

GivingupBA
    Participant

I entered Israel with Arab stamps in my passport – no problem at all. At the airport, before checking in, 2 El Al security agents stopped me and quizzed me for a long time, and searched my bag [but not my passport] carefully. One said “Have you been to any Arab countries” and I thought oh no, here we go but I must do full disclosure… then told them about my years in Libya and one in Saudi Arabia – that didn’t bother them at all though: they just calmly said “Are you still in touch with anyone in Libya?” – answer was no.

Inthesandpit
    Participant

Thank you everyone for your comments I will pass this onto my colleague (who is not on BT).

ASK1945
    Participant

I entered Israel with Arab stamps in my passport – no problem at all. At the airport, before checking in, 2 El Al security agents stopped me and quizzed me for a long time, and searched my bag [but not my passport] carefully. One said “Have you been to any Arab countries” and I thought oh no, here we go but I must do full disclosure… then told them about my years in Libya and one in Saudi Arabia – that didn’t bother them at all though: they just calmly said “Are you still in touch with anyone in Libya?” – answer was no.

Just to confirm – all people exiting Israel through TLV are questioned by security BEFORE the checkin/bag-drop desks. I understand from many who are resident in Israel, these security people are very well trained in character profiling and seemingly innocent questions alert them to possible problems.

A proportion of those questioned will also have their bags x-ray screened (again) before checkin/bag-drop.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls