Travel to Dubai

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Petrus73
    Participant

I am hopefully travelling from Glasgow to Dubai at the beginning of September 2020. With the new compulsory PCR test in place for entry into Dubai, I wonder if anyone can tell me where in Glasgow can I get a test and certificate?

The flight (EK27) is operating 4 days per week, so passengers must have taken this test, otherwise they could not check-in. Do they take the test by post or in person from a travel clinic in London (as far as I can see the only place where text is done) or Glasgow, or indeed elsewhere? Is the NHS test acceptable – I believe the results are communicated via text in Scotland, ie. no certificate.

I have tried calling Emirates and spent over four hours on the phone without any answer, sent multiple Whatsapp messages but with no reply….

Can anyone help me please?

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

I can only speak for the NE of Scotland but generally private clinics are willing to give tests for £100-120. Strangely, the results take a matter of minutes compared to NHS tests being hours. These test for both Covid-19 and antibodies.

I think contacting private medical facilities would be your first port of call.

SimonS1
    Participant

Circumstantial evidence is NHS is OK, however the catch is you need the email, so if in Scotland they don’t offer that then there is a risk. Some people have been accepted, others not.

Might be a safer play to get a private test. Any accredited clinic will do. There are a few advertising online – such as CityDoc.

Flying Haggis
    Participant

The following link which I found on the Etihad website may be of use and you don’t have to be an Etihad passenger to book a COVID test using the link below. I myself am travelling with Emirates in a couple of weeks but I used the link below to find a clinic near me and pay for my test online in advance. There seems to be a couple of clinics in Glasgow too.

https://screening.purehealth.ae/application

SimonS1
    Participant

I would suggest doing some research before using Pure Health. There are many, many complaints on the Dubai groups from people who had a 3 hour wait for booked appointments, results not arriving, or just paid and never heard anything.

Initially the plan was everyone should use PH and people paid when booking, that has now been overturned.

Flying Haggis
    Participant

Thanks for the information SimonS1.

I had no problems arranging a date and time for my test after a follow up email was sent but of course, the efficiency of the testing process remains to be seen. I shall share any useful feedback with you all.

tharrington
    Participant

I have had several tests at NHS centres because of my work. The booking and test process has always been simple and taken a matter of minutes. Results through via email less than 24 hours after the test so if the email is accepted in Dubai I would certainly say book in for an NHS test.

Alecstarlite555
    Participant

Hi can you tell me where to get PCR test and official certificate as I’m travelling to Dubai and can I ask how much I need to pay

Thanks

Alex

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls