Travel-related Christmas present ideas

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

I think we had a thread similar to this a few years ago, and having received the below I thought I’d start one for this year…

Starting today, fans of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines can travel comfortably and in style with the limited edition Jet Legs tracksuit trousers. Jet Legs are available through KLM’s Instagram Channel and web shop.

When KLM introduced Jet Legs, it commissioned a study to see what 1,100 Dutch, German, British, and Norwegian passengers prefer to wear when travelling. More than half (54%) put comfort first when they fly – whether on holiday or for business trips.

However, they did not consider tracksuit trousers to be appropriate travel wear. Nearly 50% of the respondents did not find the idea of travelling in sportswear attractive. But if tracksuit trousers could be turned into a fashion statement, 44% would be willing to wear them.

So KLM asked four fashion professionals in the Netherlands, Germany, Norway, and the UK to explore fashion-forward styling with Jet Legs.

Jet Legs are available in a limited edition of 5,000 on the Instagram Channel and the KLM web shop. The comfortable, blue tracksuit trousers are made of recycled polyester and elastane, and the packaging is made of recycled plastic.

Jet-legs

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=976096]However, they did not consider tracksuit trousers to be appropriate travel wear. Nearly 50% of the respondents did not find the idea of travelling in sportswear attractive. But if tracksuit trousers could be turned into a fashion statement, 44% would be willing to wear them.[/quote]

https://shop.klm.com/nl_en/jet-legs-s.html

Thanks for the Friday chuckle Mark !!

And , here’s a warning, if you’re in that 44% and you see me, please stay away

Tramor01
    Participant

This is a classic example where you really need to understand the difference between what is fashionable and what is stylish before you press that buy button! 😉

“Style is very important. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style lasts forever” – Ralph Lauren

I know which camp I prefer to be in…. “and it ‘aint’ tracky bottoms” 😀

SimonS1
    Participant

Polyester and elastane. Yuk.

Gold-2K
    Participant

…… but will be a good way to spot the lottery winners in the premium cabins 😂🤣

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Or perhaps a 2020 calendar celebrating 80 years of Dublin airport?…

https://www.theloop.ie/gifts-and-more/homeware/dublin-airport-2020-calendar/368778.html

1 user thanked author for this post.

Poshgirl58
    Participant

How about a tag upcycled from retired aircraft?

Planetags.com has a range of helicopter, commercial, vintage and commemorative tags. They’re based just east of LAX. Website includes other items such as mirrors made from window panels.

I wasn’t impressed with the tracky bottoms either!!

AdamMarley
    Participant

I had a tag made from a piece of an old VS plane.

On a LATAM flight from MDE-BOG on Saturday someone in LATAM baggage handling decided they liked the look of it, took the time to unscrew the metal chain and nicked it.

Moral of the story: only use the tags for handluggage!

2 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

Just wondering why my previous post says : This post is awaiting moderation.

Have I been a naughty boy or is there a bug in the forum?

capetonianm
    Participant

A bit late for Christmas but I thought this was interesting :

https://www.traveller.com.au/the-worlds-first-airbus-a380-superjumbo-is-being-broken-up-for-parts-made-into-luggage-tags-h1lyt4

and the tags would make a lovely gift for aviation nuts :

https://www.aviationtag.com/en/

capetonianm
    Participant

Sorry I’ve just seen that someone else had already posted the ‘planetags’ in November.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls