Travel Plans for 2023

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Over the quiet period we have been thinking of our travel plans for this year.
    We’ll be in S. Africa till April, and are planning two or three trips. To Victoria Falls and then over the border to Livingstone and back to Cape Town.

Then I would love to visit St. Helena and Airlink have taken over this route from the now defunct Kulula. They only have one flight in and out, on a Saturday, so that would be a one weeks stay. Mrs. LP not so keen on that so may do it alone.

In February some friends are planning a trip to Antarctica on an Antonov in February. A bit wary but if it works out will be quite an experience.

Then end April by train to the North of Denmark, via Poland and the Baltic states, to take the ferry to Iceland via the Faroes. In Iceland a quick trip to Greenland for a couple of days and return to Zurich with Edelweiss.

End August, a friend who was a Captain with SAA and has a Cessna 210, with his wife, to travel to the North of Namibia staying at a few camps where we can fly into, and back via the coast stopping at some of the small coastal towns.

Hopefully the RTW trip towards the end of the year.

That’s about it for now and curious to hear of fellow forum members travel plans for this year.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Peter
    Participant

Just incredibly jealous – sounds a brilliant year and hope all goes well

1 user thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I csn’t match LP in terms of polar extremes or adventure, but we have a few highlights to look forward to.

Currently in Sao Tome, flying back to Accra on Sunday. Not an easy place to get to but highly recommend – it is still more or less ‘unspolled’.

Short London trip in Feb, including Directors’ Box seats for Palace v Liverpool. 4-centre trip in May/June, including Monte Cassino (to see what my late father went through in 1944), then DC for work, then London and Isles of Scilly. Kenya Safari in October planned but no decision on where to spend New Year 2024 yet. Seychelles is a possibility.

That, plus regular jaunts round West Africa and a couple more London trips should fill the time well enough.

1 user thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

Looks like you trumped us all LP! I am currently at DXB en route to Cairo, then from there I am off to JNB. Once back in SIN for CNY I will then be flying to Sao Paulo and Miami and later this year with my SO we are off to Houston, SFO and LAX for a family holiday…..

esselle
    Participant

Jan/Feb are busy months for me. Flew LHR-DXB-MEL early Jan after a short cruise to celebrate the New Year. Got a couple of days in Tasmania next week, then MEL-GVA-MEL as a 3 day trip the following week. A long weekend in Sydney early Feb before flying back MEL-DXB-LHR. All the long haul is in EK F so plenty of Skywards for me!

TominScotland
    Participant

Busy year here as well

Currently in Osaka, returning at the weekend. Then have the following scheduled:

EDI-MCT (via AMS)
    GLA-PER (via KUL) with sides to BNE
    GLA-BAH via LHR
    GLA-KUL-SGN-GLA
    GLA-DXB
    GLA-ATH
    GLA-KUL
    GLA-JNB

Some routings tbc.

….. and that takes me to early July.

Add in multiple GLA-DUB trips, at least one GLA-HKG, GLA-OSL and GLA-TLL later in the year as well as ferry/ train to Passau (Bavaria) and that should keep me busy

Mattsharon
    Participant

It seems you have already a roadmap.

It’s probably the best month to see wildlife in Antarctica in February. There are still warm temperatures and greedy penguin chicks chasing their parents for food in penguin colonies.

Wishing you Good luck for upcoming trips.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My main business travel plans for 2023 remain Malta and Thailand. I still retain interests in HKG and Vietnam and intend visiting at least HKG in March for the first time in 3 years.

Pleasure travel is now mainly cruising. Fjords in April on Iona and then my favourite 14 days by way of a back to back QM2 to USA and back in August, only spoilt by having to spend 6 hours in NYC. Not my favourite city…

On my bucket list is a cruise to the north pole but that is unlikely to happen in 2023. The You Tube reviews make it an adventure not to be missed.

My main other travel objective for 2023, is to apply for an EU passport to remove all the obstacles and lines being put in the way of UK passport holders accessing Europe. If I need to go to Europe I now avoid the large hub airports. Also interested in the challenge of applying for an APEC card.

Now 61 and my thirst for business and leisure travel is still there – I am remain lucky and privileged, to the extent that I have never loved my professional and personal life as much as I currently do…

I hope 2023 is successful, profitable and HEALTHY year for Business Traveller and posters alike….

TGRW
    Participant

2023 travel plans are not fully settled. There will be numerous work trips from Singapore to various places in Indonesia, Tokyo, Vietnam, Cambodia and East Timor all in the calendar for Asia.

Athens, Amsterdam and Lisbon for Europe.

We are off to South Africa next week for a break along with a trip to Croatia and the Uk later in the year.

Also any short trips I am allowed to take my golf clubs with me in Asia will be squeezed in, Phuket is a guarantee to play Red Mountain.

stevescoots
    Participant

Mix of LH every month from UK to Hong Kong, Vietnam and domestic Vietnam. Cross border in mainland China by car or train and 2 x US east coast trips in Q3 & 4 as RTW trips. Nothing on the cards for short haul Europe travel or other continents. All business related. personal travel will probably be tagged onto one of those

Bradly9
    Participant

Just come home to Jakarta from Seoul then Taiwan is in the plans, then Hong Kong, if talk just about business trips. Somewhere in the summer thinking take a Bali tour[/url] with family

GivingupBA
    Participant

Great schedule, LP.

But no-one can match my amazing plans. 2 days in Middlesbrough, a night in Wolverhampton, a weekend in Clacton (afternoon in Southend), 2 weeks in Rhyl.

Beat that!

oliverjames666
    Participant

Your travel plans sound adventurous and exciting! From visiting Victoria Falls and Livingstone in Southern Africa, to potentially exploring St. Helena and Antarctica, and then embarking on a train journey through Denmark, Poland, and the Baltic states before heading to Iceland and Greenland, your itinerary covers diverse destinations. It’s also interesting to hear about your plans to travel via a Cessna 210 with your friend in Namibia, and a potential around-the-world (RTW) trip later in the year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls