Travel from UK to Pakistan

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Biggless
    Participant

The company I work for has operations in Pakistan and I have been asked to make a visit. Apart from the obvious advice being “don’t” – can anyone who has been recently offer any advice. I will be flying business class, any suggestions on best route from UK (departing NCL). Any general advice ? Thanks.

ABowen1
    Participant

The obvious answer is Emirates since they fly from NCL and you can avoid transiting LHR. It of course depends where you are going in Pakistan but Emirates offer offer a relatively short flight from Dubai. As I am sure you know, the general advice is to avoid PIA at all costs

Biggless
    Participant

Thanks. Definitely avoid at all costs, I’m thinking of checking what my company policy is on paying ransomes !! Would prefer a Skyteam or OneWorld option as I have no FF status with Emirates.

ABowen1
    Participant

Not sure of anything OneWorld, BA gave up a few years ago, Royal Jordanian don’t operate either and Cathay only operate in from HK so not a lot of use. Air France/KLM don’t fly to Pakistan at all. That just leaves the Middle Eastern airlines of which only Emirates flies from NCL.

robsmith100
    Participant

The advice from the FCO is as follows:

“Pakistan
    Still current at: 02 December 2010
    Updated: 29 November 2010

This advice has been reviewed and reissued with amendments to the Travel Summary and the Safety and Security – Local Travel – Punjab section (movement around Islamabad). The overall level of this advice has not changed; we advise against all travel to specific regions of Pakistan and against all but essential travel to other specific regions of Pakistan, including Lahore.”

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/asia-oceania/pakistan

I would certainly take legal advice before proceeding especially if you dont feel comfortable going.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls