Travel Dreams

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

Does anyone else have travel dreams ? (Not the unlimited free First Class kind.)
    For years I have had similar dreams about not being able to find the gate at the airport, or losing my car in the car park or not remembering how to get back to the hotel. Unfortunately no really pleasant ones..
    Last night it was being on a Dash 8 (the only way to reach where I lived for many many years) and woke to find that my fan(on high with the extreme heat) was making almost exactly the same unmistakable noise a taxiing Dash 8 makes!

Could all this be a sign of maybe having travelled TOO much ?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Last night it was being on a Dash 8

That’s not a dream, it’s a nightmare 😉

3 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

I had a strange dream the other night. I arrived at a station in Spain with very little time to catch a long distance train, which is unlike me as I normally allows loads of time, and in order to avoid a long queue I ducked under a barrier, in the process I had to take my small backpack off.

I boarded the train and found my way to my seat in first class, then the ticket inspector came round and at that point I realised I must have left my backpack at the point where I ducked under the barrier. It had in it my tickets, passport, wallet, etc. I ended being pulled off the train by armed Guardia Civil and taken to a police station for the Spanish Inquisition.

Then I woke and my wife was talking to me!

I might have been reading too many of FDOS’s posting about armed police at MAD.

nevereconomy
    Participant

FDOS sorry you not a turboprop fan – for me they always meant being almost home after many long trips, so I guess I can forgive their shortcomings.

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

travel dreams would be of new cities with great food (or is that reality)

whereas nightmares would be of delays, missed connection and being forced to eat Qatar Airways econ class food

incidentally I quite like the dash8, call it a hair-dryer with wings but like it (probably cos if am flying on that it is to see my sons in Brum)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls