Travel agents: BA "destroying its brand"

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• JohnHarper
    Participant

[quote quote=771468]The places I fly to are generally served by BA on a direct route. I dislike the silly seating in Club World and the general tardiness of things, but I don’t want to have to wait in another airport for hours just to save a few pounds. I want to get there as quickly as possible, so I’m stuck with BA. And I use a well known TA to book my tickets for me.

[/quote]

Isn’t there a direct service on a competitor most of the time? With the exception of domestic services and some trans Atlantic routes there is a lot of competition at LHR and I can’t think of a route where there is where my preference would be BA.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m not sure BA are destroying the brand. By definition a Brand is a way of distinguishing your company from another. BA certainly does that BoB or not. Many companies have reduced their service or offering but the brand had remained intact. Ryanair springs to mind here.

The fact is BA is profitable and millions fly them every year and will continue to do so for many reasons, be it price, convenience, patriotism or even just for the brand itself!

canucklad
    Participant

Firstly, I’d like to say thank you to Trevor and all the staff at the now and long gone defunct Belford Travel. I would still have used their friendly and expertise advice to book my travel over that very impersonal experience of booking online.
    Secondly, BA continually dance in the last chance saloon,simply because of their USP. Being the predominant carrier at an airport bursting at its core. Flew with Easyjet yesterday and simply put …. Cheap flight, plus a coffee, add in ,brilliant cabin crew and great aircraft. Great experience.

If LHR and STN where at the same location just west of Hounslow, BA would seriously be haemorrhaging customers.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls