Transiting through PVG

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Gavin_
    Participant

I’m flying LHR-PVG with Virgin Atlantic followed by PVG-AKL with Air New Zealand on separate bookings. Will I need to clear customs and present to the usual check-in desk? Or is there a transfer desk I can use following collection of my luggage?

stevescoots
    Participant

unless Virgin have an interlining arrangement with ANZ then you will need to clear immigration, collect bag and check in.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=927368]unless Virgin have an interlining arrangement with ANZ then you will need to clear immigration, collect bag and check in.[/quote]

And agree to do it. It costs airlines money to transfer luggage. What we see often nowadays is a refusal to do it unless booking is on one single ticket. So the OP will probably have to go through immigration, luggage collection and check-in. This is not ideal to write the least. And if it cannot be avoided, at least 3 to 4 hours between flights should be planned, hoping the first one won’t be late…

_glbetrkkr_
    Participant

Fortunately, transiting through PVG is pretty painless (even if your airlines are operating from different terminals). When I’ve transited through PVG and had to go to another terminal, I’d simply go to the 144-hour visa line (instead of the regular immigration queue). There, I’ll present my onward booking and I pass within minutes. T1 and T2 are connected by an enclosed walkway.

No Name
    Participant

There’s a walk of around 15 minutes one way between terminals & 99% of my transit had to go through immigration first no matter what airlines you are using.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls