Transit through AMS ex Manchester – Test required

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• miningguy
    Participant

Hi All – Just want to get some general consensus here as we have gone around in circles. Looking at the Dutch g’ment website a test (either PCR or Antigen) is no longer required for transit from the UK through AMS. Is anyone aware of this? Seems a bit of change in status. The reason I am asking this is for whatever reason, its turning out to be quite difficult to source quick PCR test right now.

You need a negative test result after a stay in any country/area outside the EU/Schengen area. There are exemptions to the mandatory negative test result. For example if you have a proof of vaccination.

https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/mandatory-negative-test-results-and-declaration/mandatory-when-travelling-from-a-high-risk-country

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I recently had a traveller from MAN to AAL and no test was needed (but we got into a panic as a colleague on an earlier flight was made to get one – but turned out because check in staff thought traveller looked ill).

So the rules are that they take it as per the “end destination” requirements. This can all of course change very quickly.

After this morning – from what I read there is a health form for entry into NL – don’t think needed itself for transit – but given a paper copy and stresses of travel no harm in taking just in case it does get asked for:

https://www.government.nl/documents/publications/2021/07/20/covid-19-and-flying-health-declaration-form

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Just too confirm – health form is needed for transit in NL.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=1144155]or whatever reason, its turning out to be quite difficult to source quick PCR test right now.[/quote]

Mrs. LP went for her PCR test on Tuesday for a flight this evening, and was told (after she had paid and the sample was taken) they are so overwhelmed the result can take 5 days to receive!! Quite ridiculous when you you need a result from a test taken 72 hours before travel.

She gave them (as is her wont) her usual rant and tongue lashing and she did receive the negative result last night. What they did tell though, was how ridiculous this PCR test is since the rapid one now produces the same accuracy and in some ways is better, since you can test negative on day -3 but be positive on the day of travel.

Clay'
    Participant

Randox can do 1-3 hr PCR or 60 min Lats at the terminal in MAN just went on their site and decent availability even for today and tomorrow so further afield date wise you should be fine.

Obvs the quicker the test the morenit costs but there seem to he options.

Just wanted to let you know I’m case getting a ‘do I actually need one’ answer isn’t forthcoming

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Just for information my wife and I have a PCR test at the Randox site at East Midlands Airport in 10 days at a cost of GBP 55 each, quite reasonable, and at the moment plenty of availability

miningguy
    Participant

Rather strange, I tried Randox yesterday and I just simply could not book via their website for Saturday. I guess they had a website glitch. In the end, I have opted for Dam Health with a full PCR…they have been pretty reliable till now but when I walked into the Preston centre, it was packed with lots of people clearly irate about test results. I am marginally nervous.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls