Transit / Flight connections Security

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

capetonianm as part of my 55 days a year reserve duty in Israel (finished now as I am too old!) I was sent to Ben Gurion on a number of occasions to work with the Security Services and was trained how they “profile” everyone who is travelling, its fascinating and something unique to the Israelis I won’t go into details obviously but it continues to work, and as you say will not bend any rules for anyone …

capetonianm
    Participant

Thanks Martyn, I thought that once you went landside with the sealed bag etc, you’ve left the ‘sterile’ area and won’t be able to take it through again. The time lapse was only 12 hours but I had plenty of opportunity had I so wished to tamper with the bag and its contents and reseal it.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@capetonianm – very occasionally, security at Heathrow will open the bag to inspect the items and then re-seal in a new bag.

I would presume the sealed bags were never intended to leave the airport and then return for another flight, but as your delayed flight highlights, the authorities would probably never know (or realise) if the bag had been taken out the sterile airport environment, giving someone adequate time to tamper with the contents..

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls