Transit at Singapore

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

Andrew66
    Participant

I wonder if anyone can help with some info, it’s about the BA 15/16 from LHR-SIN- SYD , there is a stop at SIN which is 1 hr 45 mins out and 1 hr 20 mins back , I assume that passengers disembark and wait in the transit lounge , exactly what is in the transit lounge area and what are you able to do , for example , shops , bars etc , and do you have to go through any security which would lessen your time available within the transit area ?
    Thanks ,

TominScotland
    Participant

Andrew66, you have full access to the Terminal with as large a range of shops as you could require. I recall that you do have to go through Security after disembarkation en route to the Departures area. If you have Lounge Access, depending on status, you can also park yourself in the BA Lounge which is in the process of reinvention at present (see other posts on this Forum). It all really depends on your available time and priorities – mine with that sort of break is a stiff walk in order to get the circulation going and there is plenty of opportunity for that at Changi too!!

dsatrio
    Participant

All the info you need is in here: http://www.changiairport.com/
    There is a special tab on the site for passenger in transit.

CharlesRhona
    Participant

You exit straight into the Terminal – in fact you can visit all 3 Terminals of the Airport which have more than ample shopping and things to see and do. You pass through security at the entrance to your departure gate.

Andrew66
    Participant

Thanks everyone , for the quick replies , I had a bad thought that you would just be waiting in small enclosed area .

CXDiamond
    Participant

Changi has to be one of the easiest transits in the world. It has been designed that way for years and I think they have it right.

You can even go for a swim if you wish Andrew, it makes a pleasant change to lounges and shops.

salguod
    Participant

Your flight will arrive at Changi Terminal 1. There are excellent shopping, dining and entertainment options at Changi. There are areas which have movies, sports and other media programs being screened. There are many quiet areas with lounge chairs where you can snooze in. Security when you re-enter the boarding area is quick, efficient and not unpleasant. You can walk through all the terminals if you need to stretch your legs – just walk from terminal 1 to terminal 3 then catch the skytrain to terminal 2 and then resume the walk back to terminal 1.

Papillion53
    Participant

Andrew66 – with that short time you will not have time to do very much. We had quite a walk from the gate to the lounge and we literally marched along, it was very busy in the airport at that time and luckily we knew where we were going. The way to the lounge is not very well signposted, but there are plenty of ground staff who will keep you right.

We were lucky when we got to the lounge we got a shower right away, which was lovely and clean. The lounge itself was busy as there is a combining of what seems like everyone in one lounge – this was last year, so someone may update on the lounge set up now.

A quick drink and don’t forget the ice-cream, and you have to hoof it back to the gate. But if you’ve just had a nice refreshing shower, you would want to stroll back!

Gate security – no premium lines, it’s a one for all, so timing is everything. They do process you quickly but I think we probably still queued for 20 minutes to get through, so bear that in mind when returning to the gate. They are however very efficient at boarding the aircraft.

There are lots of interesting shops, and if you want orchids to take home, maybe some of our BA crew posters could tell you where to get them, as I couldn’t find anywhere in that terminal.

OzTraveller
    Participant

Andrew66, with great respect, if you read any travel magazine, paper etc you will find that Singapore Changi has to be the best airport in the world, and especially for transits. Your 1 hour 40 minutes transit will not be enough time to enjoy the delights of the terminal, and I don’t just mean the shopping.
    It’s Singapore after all, not Entebbe.

andrew.gill
    Participant

When I did the same journey, my little legs went as quickly as possible to the BA lounge for a hot shower and change of clothes.

Our scheduled time on the ground was 1,5 hours but in reality, I had about 45 minutes as the walk there and back took around 15 minutes

Andrew

CharlesRhona
    Participant

Unless you want a shower forget the lounge as there are so many things to see and do and you only have a short time.Uuse the moving walkways to speed things up going to and from from the gate. There is a small shop between (if my memory serves me right) the D Gates of Terminal 1 and the E Gates of Terminal 2 that sells the orchids at a very reasonable price! If I remember correctly the BA flights tend to use the C Gates of Terminal 1.

Andrew66
    Participant

Thanks again for all the extra info. I just wanted to make sure that you were not just holed up in a room waiting for the onward flight , it seems that there is adequate time for a quick freshen up , a drink , a stretch and a quick browse taking into account the security process and re boarding .
    Thanks everyone for all the detailed information .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls