Top 10 HATED airports in the world

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

• RoadKing
    Participant

I don’t understand this critic to LAX. Granted, the transportation in and out of the airport is not that great, but the airport in itself is not bad, certainly not for being an American airport.

Of all the airports in the US, there are quite a few I find much worse than LAX, including Atlanta and O’Hare.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I would also put FRA on the list especially if transiting from EU to Long Haul. The time you take to get to the gate rarely leaves enough time to enjoy the lounge, assuming you can find it in the first place!

RichHI1
    Participant

Rod king, complaint is about tbit specifically. CBP and TSA are both very slow and it hAs been worked on for at least two years. The other terminals are quite good ( my gripe on AA terminal is lack of departure facilities which AA are aware of and I believe have just appointed a new company. Lax is a very efficient airport with few weather delays and having been built as a bomber test field in WW2 with 4 runways it is much more reliable than say lHr. so complaint is just tbit.

RoadKing
    Participant

@RichHI1:
    Pardon my ignorance, but all these abbreviations can certainly drive a poor fellow into insanity :-).

tbit as in Tom Bradley International t…something?

wisi1965
    Participant

I would say that the world most HATED airports are either in africa or the US. I dont think any asian or european airport will make it under MY top ten list.

RichHI1
    Participant

Road king sorry mea culpa TBIT as Tom Bradley International Terminal and LHR as London Heathrow. I guess with airports you use frequently you get too comfortable with acronyms.
    Wisi1965 there some European candidates – Lisbon for one.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

RichHI1 – can I ask what implement you use for posting. Smart phone, blackberry or tablet? Android, Mac or Windows based?

Presume you are now on the beach??

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I like Lisbon. I find the staff very friendly and helpful. I enjoy the Green Priority Lane and the *A lounge which has a wonderful spread especially when they put out the fish and meat crockets.

But I digress, it’s about airports we hate so let me add Milan Malpensa to my list.

Outside every door are hordes of smokers and you have to pass through this wall of smoke to enter a dully lit, chaotic terminal. The information monitors are old CRT TV’s and not at all clear. Staff are unfriendly and the lounges very poor.

RoadKing
    Participant

@RichHI1: Ah… T as in Terminal… How blind could I be. 🙂

RichHI1
    Participant

The reasons I hate Lisbon are simple, walk from BA lounge to BA gates is 20 to 25 minutes, there is little to do if you are non schengen side (Uk to brazil) and I have had arguments thAt green lane is for tap only. On good side non schengen is new and short ride to town.
    With you on MXP.

openfly
    Participant

Went thru Berlin Schonefeldt (SXF) yesterday…what a dump! No seating in departures, totally depressing.

Binman62
    Participant

was upset not by the appearance of Tribhuvan International, Kathmandu, Nepale on the list but by the comment that “the shoddy restroom maintenance of a Glasgow sports bar” Clearly not been to the “dear green place” in while which ranks as one of the trendiest cities in Europe.
    Also agree that Ninoy Aquino nver in the top 5!
    Loved the description of LHR “
    ranges from mildly tedious to “Fawlty Towers” ridiculous. Jornalist must have been behind me in the fast Track security Queue on Friday night!

TridentGold
    Participant

Interesting list. CDG is a good candidate for me and certainly the arrival experience at LAX (TBIT) is grim although departing from the same terminal on One World is usually ok. ORD arrivals is not much better than LAX. I was surprised JFK got onto the list. I have never had too much pain there in recent years (especially on BA). I agree with the observations on FRA. Two I would add are BOM and NAP – both totaly chaotic.

alistairNicoll
    Participant

I am sure BAA are mighty pleased that Heathrow did not come last. My last experience of T4 with Qatar was broken checkin equipment thus long delays followed by 25 minutes to get through the fast track on departure. On returnthere was a 30 minute queue the fast track as they were using it to allow families to queue jump ( I have no objection to people with young kids being allowed to get through quickly but fail to understand why they had to be pulled through the one fast track desk) and i still had to wait for my bags.

canucklad
    Participant

Surely dependant on your outlook on life…….the most maddening ludicrous and thus memorable experiances in my opionion turn the dafty airports into Favourites…………..rather than Hated

Lets face it a seamless perfect polite and pleasant journey through HKG / AMS / YVR / CPH / HNL etc are efficiently non- memorable …..In fact such high standards have been set that they need to keep their eye on the ball !!!!

On the other hand……….My top 5

Nairobi….Will I need to budget for a bribe as opposed to Malindi a Kenyan freindly hut

Edinburgh…….Now a shopping mall with an over priced /over crowded Food Court…Oh and charge you a £1 for entering the terminal

LHR terminal 1…..Genius especially the domestic & Irish part past the “Have you had a facelift since you went through security bit”

Any American Airport ……… Do you really want me to vist your country and spend my hard earned dollars

CDG….. Land @ CDG park in Belgium and get a bus ride back to France ……..Totally genius..when you add on the French shrug off the shoulders haw he haw he haw attitude when you’ve missed your connection

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls