Tom Otley – time traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I have just enjoyed Tom Otley’s Tried and Tested review of his LH flight from LHR to MUC. In particular, I loved his time travelling abilities demonstrated at the start of the piece – “I checked in for LH479 departing 1715 the day before” – maybe an article explaining how this is done would be of value to all BT readers, especially those who, like me, have managed to miss flights in the past?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thanks for that.

We try and sub pieces before they go online but failed in this case. No excuse for poor grammar, so sorry about that.

We had some other ones sent by email recently (apologies if you’ve already seen them)…

For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

Miss Charlene Mason sang ‘I will not pass this way again,’ giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.

Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.

Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church.
    So ends a friendship that began in their school days.

A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be ‘What Is Hell?’

Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.

Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled.
    Proceeds will be used to cripple children.

Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.

The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.

This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.

Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B S. is done.

The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the Congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM.. Please use the back door.

The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare’ s Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.

Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.

Hess963
    Participant

Tom the Site Administrator — you are giving me a headache here !! Well, you are right I should have stopped with the first sentence……

But really unprofessional in way…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls