To what extent are participatory websites responsible for their contributors?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

In all the years I have been reading and contributing to this forum I can’t say that I have been subjected to bullying, however there have been some full and frank exchanges of views! Mind you, several years ago a (then) very prolific poster took umbrage to my (affectionate) reference to the B747 being the Granada of the skies…..dear old VK wasn’t at all pleased with me!

I don’t really see how BT and Tom could be expected to do more in terms of moderation on what is an excellent facility provided at no cost to the user. I also believe that in many respects, the forum is self moderating: during some heated exchanges, other posters have added some calming words which usually does the trick.

The vast majority of posts on this forum are knowledgeable, informative and often witty. Indeed it is a veritable community, and one which I am delighted to be part of.

Thank you Tom.

Montysaurus
    Participant

I couldn’t describe anything on BT Forum as bullying or particularly abusive. Some spats may seem silly but that’s the worst they are. Remember – “sticks and stones may break my bones…” etc. Let’s just carry on carrying on.

stevescoots
    Participant

I don not recognise any bullying since the one who shall not be named was booted out, Firm, frank and robust views, absolutely. AS pat said some posts are witty, to others that may look like a little but of p*ss taking but i would not constitute that as bullying.

Anyway, I agree with Martyn’s points in regards to how useful this place has been to me

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls