To sue or not to sue…BA.

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Airpocket
    Participant

I thought this link would be pertinent and would add another dimension to our usual debates:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2009/10/pain_in_the_neck_for_ba.cfm?Fsrc=glvrnwl

NTarrant
    Participant

I suppose you could debate this anyway you wish either for or against BA or the passenger. The situation could be on any airline in any part of the world. Would you have picked this article had it been Air Canada or Kuwait Airways?

Airpocket
    Participant

Absolutely! I have no problem highlighting the drawbacks of any airline in the world so that passengers are alerted.
    However, we don’t seem to get too many posts relating to Air Canada or Kuwait Airways on here.
    The question is, would a passenger have decided to take legal action against AC or Kuwait Airways? Maybe this has been done in the past but it hasn’t been brought to the atention of the Gulliver blog on The Economist.
    You should go further and ask if The Economist would have picked on any other airline in a similar predicament.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

Airpocket–you always find the ” interesting” experiences with BA, that is sure. And we here in the forum know better now–that you can highlight the drawbacks of any airline.

It always depends on the pax’s strong will to pursuit such legal action against any airlines–not fearing the costs for such endeavour. I am sure any blog or media would have report it–but the question is, as you have stated–does anyone care, if such things happen with KU. Probably not– as those pax travelling with this airline know what they expect from such airline which is known for old seatings etc..
    They might say–that is what you get for the cheap fare….

What about AC– I do think so with this airline as we could have the same pax reactions which have been commented underneath the report.

So what could be a possible solution for BA to reduce such dismal situations. For example follow the example of CX and imply the” seat shell” product–so no pax will be offended and invaded by the other pax infront him. Furthermore, giving more space like TG, MH, KE ….in the normal Y class.

I do think these two aspects which I mentioned above are unrealistic as they are already in the market–see JL Prem Y cabin. It is just the will of the airlines to implement such comfort aspects on board-especially in long haul flights.

About swaping seats in such circumstances–the questions are:

– do you have to offer money, other incentives to other pax to take the broken seat whatever age they have ? Is not it better to find the next possible seat for the affected person without putting other pax in disadvantage or more worst–putting them in to shame for not being so helpful….

– if the cabin crews offered help or guidance to insure that the affected person can have relief in any way and this pax do not want to do it–is not it in general his own fault, if he does not want to take actions against his discomfort ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls