To BA or not to BA……?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

Airpocket
    Participant

We should consider asking one our wealthy ex-colonies, such as Singapore, to come over and run some of the more desperate enterprises…such as BA. :o)

BA staff have just voted in favour of a 12-day strike, from December 22-January 2:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/ba-staff-vote-for-strike

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

Is there any indication yet as to what format the strike action will take? i.e. Is it a total walk out for a duration of 12 days, so there will be zero services. Or will the action allow some flights to operate.

In attempt to keep all posts surrounding the strike in one place, we’re pointing users to the following forum string:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA-Cabin-Crew-Strike

dutchyankee
    Participant

Unfortunately for me, an ardent BA fan and loyal customer since forever it seems, I have actually cancelled a booking I had with BA for this coming Sunday. I travel with BA whenever I travel, and have a longstanding reservation every two months from AMS to MCO in CW. I can not run the risk that either my outbound or return will be disrupted, especially during this season, so I have decided to fly to Orlando on a US carrier, the first time I have done so in over 20 years (long haul, can’t avoid them domestically of course). I have read great things about Continental so have booked them. Do any of you have comments or advice on CO’s business class product? I am booked again to MCO in February with BA, so I hope that one will be fine, but who know’s, if CO is good, I might just become a convert!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls