Tigerair A320-200

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

In desperate need to get to Melbourne from Sydney to watch the AFL Football Grand Final , both Qantas and Jetstar were asking for nearly $1k return (for a 1 hour domestic flight) so I booked Tiger as a last resort for $300.00 !
    I wasn't looking forward to it but for just 1 hour…how bad could it be..?
    Well check in at Sydney Airport was easy ( I only had small hand luggage ) and boarding was exactly on time. The whole of Sydney seemed to be going to Melbourne and can you believe the Qantas flight was delayed (true !).
    We pushed back on time and I settled into my aisle seat which I had paid $5.00 extra for to reserve.
    The Airbus A320 was new which always helps and although seat pitch is supposed to be only 28 or 29 inches? I actually felt no difference to the Qantas Boeing 737 I had recently travelled in, and it certainly felt wider.
    The crew were very friendly and the snack menu was actually quite tasty looking compared to Jetstar's but I only had coffee and cheese and crackers.
    We landed on time with no fuss whatsoever and I made the Grand Final easily.
    The only downside was the hideous Terminal at Melbourne but I was reliably informed that Tigerair are moving to a new purpose built terminal in 2015.
    The flight back was equally pleasant and hassle free.
    So taking all this into consideration, I wish the cabin crew had mentioned more often that I was on a Tigerair flight because to be honest, for economy, it was no different to Jetstar or American Airlines domestic.
    So I would fly with them again as they have extremely low fares.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user 132358 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls